+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default "Oh your baby is due at Christmas - thats got to suck"

I am fuming, today I had two people say this to me .... One was my closet friend.

We have been TTC for some time and finally fell with number 2. I can finally tell the world and this is what I get.
    Does it really matter when your baby is born, I mean beggers can't be choosers!

The only thing annoying me about this now that every person I have told - except for family of course says something negative like "we won't be around celebrating as we go away all of December" or " your child is going to hate you for this" or " great I can buy one gift instead of two" and I am starting to doubt myself - have I made my child resent me already.

Is it really that big of a deal? There are so many people worse off and I am just sick of hearing it.

Can you please give me your experiences of having a December baby

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have dated four guys with December birthdays (wow just worked that one out lol) and they never had an issue with a December birthday.

Their birthdays were the 6th, 18th, 23rd and 26th. I think their parents just made a conscious effort to NOT lump birthday and Christmas together a one celebration.

Personally, I'd not want a Christmas baby if it was planned but if I did fall and was due around Christmas I wouldn't care too much. In the grand scheme of things, you just want a healthy baby and who gives a rats a$$ anyway.

I'd think a child would be more miffed at being born new years day lol. When they turn 18 thy have to wait a whole nother year to be able to go out on new years eve lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL about New Yeas Day birthday and waiting a whole year to go out!! Technically you could get in after New Years though couldn't you?

I don't have a December baby but your precious baby won't know anything different and every baby is special. It is hurtful if your friends say they won't be around because they go away but just remember that nobody really matters but yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubbie was born very early January and his family and myself have always made an effort to keep it separate, in doing this there has never been a problem. I think issues arise when the parents dont treat it has two separate events. So I really wouldnt pay any attention to them as the most important thing is your wish has come true in having another baby and as long your child feels loved they wont care either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewMummyofLittleGirl For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think a bub is a fantastic Christmas present! Congratulations! These people are being insensitive and silly ~ indeed, if you go out of your way to celebrate your child's birthday aside from Christmas (which is, in itself, apparently a birthday celebration), all will be well. My parents used to give me large gifts and lump B'day and Christmas together, and my B'day is in May!

No bub is going to resent you for having given them life, no matter WHAT the time of year.

Hope you have a GREAT pg and an AWESOME Christmas/Bubday.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (08-06-2012),JessyJ  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fiance was born on christmas day and he doesn't mind one bit we celebrated christmas in the morning then the rest of the day is all about him in fact I think he loves it! He wont call it Christmas tho he calls it's Marcsmas ( his name is Marc)

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plou43 For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (08-06-2012),MsImpatient  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My birthday is new years eve and it's the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a mid-December baby and it's fine. We haven't come across a single issue yet.

Also, my birthday is Xmas eve and it has never caused me any dramas over the years I loved having my bday the day before Christmas actually. Strangely people always comment about how crap it must be but it's really not.

Don't stress - its really not as big of a deal as people make it out to be! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My step daughter was born Christmas day! We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve (hubby is European) but then if she's with us Christmas Eve, we will have Santa and Christmas presents in the morning (of course acknowledging her bday) then she goes off to her mums for lunch, then when she comes home we have cake and bday presents.

If she's not with us Christmas Eve, we have Christmas Eve lunch with in-laws, get her for lunch on Christmas Day so we will open up Santa presents before lunch and then have lunch then do her cake and bday presents in the evening still as she would then spend the night with us.

SD lives with us full time so every second year has an extra night to wake up at her mums on Christmas/Birthday morning. Her mum only buys one lot of presents (Santa/Christmas/Birthday) all in one and they have a Christmas cake which SD gets to cut (no candles). SD doesn't like this but what kid would only like getting one lot of presents haha.

SD goes to a private school so they finish even earlier (first week in Dec) so we do a school bday party for her mid-late Nov before everyone gets dance recitals, school activity, end of year sporting events and before everyone goes away on holidays! Has worked fine for us so far (she's in yr 2).

The only thing I don't like about her bday on Xmas is we can never go away at Xmas as we have to share SD! But that would be the same thing even if it wasn't her bday. Joys of step families. Of course we have the option to not see her but we would never do that (at least not while she's a kid anyway haha). Her mum has chosen to go away and not see her on Xmas/bday though.

My grandfather is born New Years and the worst thing I find about his bday is going to bday parties when I'm hungover (when I was younger haha). He has never had an issues though as "everyone gets the day off to spend with me" as he likes to say.

Ignore stupid people - you'll make your own arrangements for what works for your family and if ppl really care, they'll be there or they'll find a way to be part of the celebrations somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My birthday is the 27th of December strangely enough the same birthday as my mum I have to admit I did get joint pressies from some family which sucked as a kid but now I'm older I hit up the boxing day sales to buy stuff! I also hated that everything was in one hit as my brother was born in June which I was green about lol

Sent from my iPhone too lazy to walk to the computer!