+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I KNEW there would be a post here about this. I just KNEW it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Lol, did the swat teams race in and arrest the mother and child at gun point?

How absurd.
    It was mostly because the chid who died of measles had family who were going to sue the state of NY... so I think they were just trying to stop THAT from happening. Pretty dumb really - nobody really should have been sued. It was an accident and nobody did anything intentionally. If you can sue a mother for taking her non-vaccinated child out in public, then why doesn't teh mother who took her unable-to-be-vaccinated younger child in public get into trouble too, since she could have prevented it by not taking her baby out until it was old enough for the MMR shot. The logic is flawed and stupid in both cases.

The DA and Elliott were all "Stupid non-vaxxer deserves it," whereas Olivia and Munch thought it was stupid.

It wasn't just completely "we hate anti-vaxx."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Yes because people who don't vax their kids are out to make other children sick on purpose? You need to pull your head in or reread what I said. My statement was this:

Parents who knowingly take their children out when they know they are sick should be held responsible whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. If they don't know they're sick than how can they be held responsible? What you're saying is if a child is unvaccinated they should be kept at home inside and never allowed out.

What about all the adults that aren't vaccinated? Do you ever think about that? There is no push whatsoever for adults to get vaccinated. Before I had children I thought I was vaccinated until I found out that vaccinations wear off and I was probably no longer vaccinated by anything.. alot of other adults I've spoken to believe the same thing until I've pointed it out.

There is no push whatsoever for adults to get their vaccinations up to date. Which defeats the purpose. All people should be vaccinated not just children.

If you want to go down that road maybe parents of babies who die from a vaccine preventable illness should also be charged because they took their baby out of the house when they weren't fully protected? (This is complete sarcasm please no one take offence).

Where does it stop? What about people who can't be vaccinated? If you catch an illness from a baby who is out in public and happens to have the disease and pass it on, should their parents be taken to court?

At the end of the day if you're so worried about your child contracting an illness take some responsibility and don't take it out of the house rather than blaming unvaccinated children.

Just for the record, I am very PRO vaccination.
    Sorry what I meant was that a parent who does vax, whether they work or not, intends to provide the child and others with immunity from a particular illness where as people who choose not to vax (not because of allergies and other medical conditions) feels that vaxing is not needed, or isn't concerned about that particular illness, or is concerned about safety/effectiveness of vaccines. No I don't think their intention is to spread disease and kill children at all... What I'm trying to say is that.by definition, a non vaxing person does not intend to give their child immunity from measles, mumps etc.. Many of my friends don't vaccinate. But they are much more cautious about coughs and colds and keep their children home with a sniffle and all that .. I actually did say in my first reply that I wouldn't sue. I think taking legal action for accidents is obsurd.. However what I was trying to say is that however irrational it seems, I would be pretty angry if that was my baby. I think anyone can understand that losing a baby would cause those kind of feelings.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Sorry what I meant was that a parent who does vax, whether they work or not, intends to provide the child and others with immunity from a particular illness where as people who choose not to vax (not because of allergies and other medical conditions) feels that vaxing is not needed, or isn't concerned about that particular illness, or is concerned about safety/effectiveness of vaccines. No I don't think their intention is to spread disease and kill children at all... What I'm trying to say is that.by definition, a non vaxing person does not intend to give their child immunity from measles, mumps etc.. Many of my friends don't vaccinate. But they are much more cautious about coughs and colds and keep their children home with a sniffle and all that .. I actually did say in my first reply that I wouldn't sue. I think taking legal action for accidents is obsurd.. However what I was trying to say is that however irrational it seems, I would be pretty angry if that was my baby. I think anyone can understand that losing a baby would cause those kind of feelings.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Okay I get ya now. Yeah I agree with that. The problem is the diseases are fairly rare these days and so people can get away with not vaccinating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    What law? Do people really want to live in a world where a government body takes away a parents' right to choose for their family?
    I don't want to live in a world where my innocent bubbas life could be taken because parents have a right to choose on this particular issue.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't want to live in a world where my innocent bubbas life could be taken because parents have a right to choose on this particular issue.
    And if there is a law making vaccination compulsory and your innocent bubba has a severe reaction and dies because you DIDN'T have the right to choose?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about the flu shot? Babies and the elderly die from the flu- would it be acceptable to sue someone who was not vaccinated against the flu (thousands of people), who then unknowingly passed it onto someone who later died as a result?
    Sorry I just hate this whole litigation thing, it attempts to always place blame when sometimes really sad tragic things just happen

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (08-06-2012),SassyMummy  (09-06-2012),wrena  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interestingly, I saw in the paper that a few people have contraceted measles in Brisbane (after an overseas tourist brought it here).