+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is a tough one, while the rational side of me thinks that I wouldn't blame the unvaxxed kids parents, if anything happened to my children because of that - I'm not sure I could be so understand.

Governments already do take away parents rights - sometimes it really is in the best interests of the child, like the judge who ordered that baby be vaxxed against hep b the other week because the parents refused even though they knew there was a very high risk of bubs contracting it. Sometimes parents really don't make the best decisions for their kids and sometimes that involves vaxxing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If my young bub died because of an older child that wasn't vaccinated, I'd explore my Options in trying to sue the mother's butt.
    You'd lose. The only way you'd have ANY chance of winning that case is if you could prove the parents knew they were sick and took them into public anyway and in this case you could sue a child that was immunized but had the disease because the immunisation didn't work in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    You'd lose. The only way you'd have ANY chance of winning that case is if you could prove the parents knew they were sick and took them into public anyway and in this case you could sue a child that was immunized but had the disease because the immunisation didn't work in them.
    No you couldn't. Their intention is completely different.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's been a while since I saw the Ep but from memory they only prosecuted her cause of the public rage & uproar.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootedMumma For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    No you couldn't. Their intention is completely different.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Yes because people who don't vax their kids are out to make other children sick on purpose? You need to pull your head in or reread what I said. My statement was this:

Parents who knowingly take their children out when they know they are sick should be held responsible whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. If they don't know they're sick than how can they be held responsible? What you're saying is if a child is unvaccinated they should be kept at home inside and never allowed out.

What about all the adults that aren't vaccinated? Do you ever think about that? There is no push whatsoever for adults to get vaccinated. Before I had children I thought I was vaccinated until I found out that vaccinations wear off and I was probably no longer vaccinated by anything.. alot of other adults I've spoken to believe the same thing until I've pointed it out.

There is no push whatsoever for adults to get their vaccinations up to date. Which defeats the purpose. All people should be vaccinated not just children.

If you want to go down that road maybe parents of babies who die from a vaccine preventable illness should also be charged because they took their baby out of the house when they weren't fully protected? (This is complete sarcasm please no one take offence).

Where does it stop? What about people who can't be vaccinated? If you catch an illness from a baby who is out in public and happens to have the disease and pass it on, should their parents be taken to court?

At the end of the day if you're so worried about your child contracting an illness take some responsibility and don't take it out of the house rather than blaming unvaccinated children.

Just for the record, I am very PRO vaccination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While I do not ever think vaccinating should be compulsory or that the mother should have been arrested, the loss of a child can cause such emotions, and the episode showed a loving mother who chose not to vaccinate her son, who kept him home once she knew he was unwell, who made a conscious effort with her son to do what she felt was best for him, and also showed a griving mother, grandmother and grandfather. Particularly the grandfather who obviously had a strong bond with the baby and who lived for his grandchild. Grief can cause us to behave in a way we would normally think is unacceptable. The grandfather saw no purpose to his life without the child in it, the grandmother came across as rather psychotic from the start, and the poor mother had no idea how to feel. We might rationally think the other mum was not to blame, but when anything happens to our babies humans like to find a cause and someone or something to blame. Doesn't make it right or acceptable, but that is what grief does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm provax but this situation is ridiculous. What about people who cannot vax? My friend's baby cannot be vaccinated due to allergies to the ingredients. She had a seizure last time and has been advised not to vax. Unusual, but does happen. Are they not allowed out??

And why is it the mother who was arrested? What about the father? What a shock that its the mothers who are the target of derision. This whole storyline is absurd and offensive.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012),wrena  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol, did the swat teams race in and arrest the mother and child at gun point?

How absurd.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I should go and sue the unvaxxed adult that gave my vaxxed child whooping cough, who then gave it to my unvaxxed newborn. Actually maybe I should just sue my son?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The obsession with vaccinating children and the disregard for ensuring adults vaccinations are up to date totally fascinates me.

Do adults think they are somehow magically immune to these diseases somehow?

It's a ridiculous concept for the episode. Grief does make people act irrationally but that doesn't mean the rest of society and the legal system should too!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (08-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-06-2012)