+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car capsule as checked luggage

Hi all,

We are travelling to SA from Sydney with our 3 month old DD next week. We will be using my parents car while we are there so want to take her car capsule with us. Do you know if we would be able to check it in with our baggage? If so, what do you think we should pack it in to protect it??

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check with the airline, but we've always taken the car seat free of charge and it is not included in weight limits. We once took garbage bags to bag it at the airport but they had their own bug plastic bags to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You'll have to check with the airline as i remember when i was booking tickets one time, each airline had slightly different policies.

but, generally, if you are travelling with a child you can check a certain number of baby items that don't count towards your luggage.

I didn't do anything special with the car seat. they just put it in a large bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Check with the airline, but we've always taken the car seat free of charge and it is not included in weight limits. We once took garbage bags to bag it at the airport but they had their own bug plastic bags to use.
    Agreed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks heaps ladies. I will call jetstar tomorrow. I'm more worried about it getting damaged in transit but hopefully they will handle it and the stroller properly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub