+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Could the formula Be the cause ???

So my 3 month old dd has been having some issues with wind and tummy pains of an afternoon into the evening untill she finally settles and goes to sleep!!
    She screams and screams and brings up lots of wind but still doesn't seem settled,
    I have been giving her gripe water but it doesn't seem to work very well!
    Too get her to sleep she has to be rocked curled up into a little ball so her legs are all hunched up to put pressure on her tummy!!!
    I have bee starting to wonder if it's the formula causing this as surely she wouldn't start to develop colic at 3 months of age ???????
    She is currently on Heinz nurture and has been since birth!!
    Someone suggested to try her on an organic formula or even soy ! Any advice or tips or has this happened to anyone and what did you do ? I hate seeing her in pain and last night it all got a bit too much for me and I was tears too !!!! Please help me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Try goats milk formula, it's easier to digest than cows

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (07-06-2012),Raising Leprechauns  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Try goats milk formula, it's easier to digest than cows
    Totally agree with that - my DS was on goats milk - only downside is the cost.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys
    Cost doesnt worry me just along as she isnt in sooo much pain anymore totally breaks my heart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried infacol drops?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was like that.. except from birth.. so we changed him to colic formula and he was a little better but still really bad.. then we changed him to goats milk and he was a little better again but after a couple of weeks went back to being really bad again so we now have him on soy and he is a different kid!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Have you tried infacol drops?
    Yep and infants friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    My DS was like that.. except from birth.. so we changed him to colic formula and he was a little better but still really bad.. then we changed him to goats milk and he was a little better again but after a couple of weeks went back to being really bad again so we now have him on soy and he is a different kid!!
    Soy is what I have been told to try !!
    Do u know if there is samples or stachet packets you can get to try it out ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD got very constipated on nan gold. I swapped her to HA and that helped the constipation but she still had bad wind. I found the Heinz nurture was best for her, and I would mix infacol, gripe water and infants friend into each bottle. If your on Heinz it's quite fizzy and you need the infacol to degas it I find.

I've also swapped bottles several times, went through Avent, tommy tippee, nuk, lasted on pigeon for ages before I swapped to medela. Things improved at 6 months for us and she's really good now,

It's possible the wind is caused by reflux, thats what the doc told me was causing DDs. The milk churning up and down generates the air. He recommended I try a thickner but I found that just really trapped the air. I then tried losec but it only stops the burn, not it churning so we still got the wind. Best thing I sound was starting solids.