+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awful! It makes me sick to see beautiful young girls being Made to look like they're 20 years old. There's so much pressure on them too. They must miss out on so much of their innocence and childhood! Makes me so sad!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To me the pageants are about having fun, building up her self-esteem, and giving my girl the best possible opportunity in life.
    Right. So you're encouraging her to build up her self-esteem by making her look nothing like herself with the use of spray tans, make-up and fake hair?

Yep. Makes perfect sense

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate this, and can't watch shows like Toddlers and Tiaras.
    I've watched some of these mothers hold their 4 or 5 year old daughters down to get their eyebrows waxed, not on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What i found disturbing too was the comment from the mum that she hasn't considered surgery or botox for her daughter, she wouldnt do that.... does that mean there are mum's who do? i have so many issues with child beauty pagents anyways, but the make-up, eye brow waxing, hair extension ets that happens is just awful... maybe, maybe a natural one, maybe.. but i just think it really sends the wrong message on so many levels. The photo of that precious little girl turns my stomach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find fake tan on adults revolting so this is even worse. I am fairly fair(despite having dark skin) so I get why people do it but it is still yuk to me.

Kids do not need this rubbish.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That woman needs a poodle, not a child

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (07-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (07-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-06-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    That woman needs a poodle, not a child
    Disagree.

Can you imagine the state of any dog she got her hands on? She's regulated (to a degree) with her kid...with a dog she'd likely kill it before the year was out.
    But at least for that year it would be the most ffaaaaabbulous dog on the block!

Most of those mums are nutbags.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No excuse. Those poor kids. I found a photo of a mother and daughter last week when going through my albums and that daughter is 30 this year and messed up, and her 48yo mother is U-G-L-Y!! In the photo the daughter was 19 and looked pretty but very sad despite her smile and her mother looked like the witch from the bugs bunny shows except with a normal nose lol. Poor thing, every time I see her she has a new kid she has no idea how to care for. This next one will likely be left with the father by the age of 4 like the others have been. Hope not, but looks that way. Looking at that photo, reflecting on her childhood and seeing her now, I get a glimpse of what these kids could go through and it's heartbreaking. We can't save them all, but laws can minimise it. Yes PP, some mothers have used botox in kids as young as 6, it made the news not that long ago.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe she spends $4600 a month on pageants? Think of the educational fund that child could have put away instead. Or, the many, many things that sort of money could do that could benefit her future rather than dressing her up like a toy poodle. The family must have more money than sense and be the types that think they will always have plenty. Idiots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sad.

Reading this made me so happy that one of my mum's favourite photos of me as a toddler is one where I have jam all over my face and about 20 plastic pegs hanging out of my hair after a neighbour gave me a "makeover".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

austmum  (11-06-2012)