+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fiji with 8 month old

Hi

We're going to Fiji with our 8 month old next week. I think I'm pretty much prepared with all his food etc but what do you do on the International flight with the liquids etc? He will be due a bottle or 2 while we are in the air and you can't take more than 100ml through security??

Also is it ok to take his food through? I've just got a couple of Rafferty Garden's for him, will they allow that through? (don't want to take it and then have to throw it out when we get to the xray machines)

Would there be somewhere we can get that sort of stuff once we've been through customs? We're flying Virgin Blue from Sydney.

Thanks so much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya we just got back from Malaysia and it really depends who is on security when you go through. They are normally pretty lenient with baby bottles though! I took two full ones on the plane and they were fine with it. If you get someone cranky on the day you can always poor the milk out and hope the attendants fill them up with milk for you on the plane. But again depends which airline you are flying as to what they provide! Will be absolutely fine to take rafferties on the plane.
    You should be fine with the milk. Just try!!
    Enjoy Fiji. We were there a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. The people are so amazing and friendly. Where are you staying??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

lifesgood30  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went to Fiji last year when DS was six months.
    We took rafertys garden sachets and didn't have an issue.
    On the declaration form when it asks if you have food, I put in brackets baby food.
    Also I'm not sure on bottles as he was breastfeeding at the time, but I'm sure they could make them for you on the plane.
    We just flew domestic and I just bought bottled water and they added some hot water for me till it was the right temperature so I could make the bottle.
    Otherwise ring your airline and ask
    Enjoy it, it's beautiful

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

lifesgood30  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I travelled to nz several times last year with ds and bottles and when I called air nz about the fluid restriction they said it didn't apply to baby bottles and food etc. so i took heaps more than I needed as a friend had her flights delayed with her toddler and I wanted to have extra in case. I also took a few of those formula pre made cartons in my carry on and they were fine with that. I took some jar food too and again, no issues. I just put all the food and bottles in a separate bag so it made security easier.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also not sure what you can buy in fiji baby-wise. I had a friend who went recently and she took all nappies, wipes, formula and food for the whole trip.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone!
    We've just come back and had no problems at all. It was almost like we had star treatment, being taken out of the queues and rushed through because we had a baby.
    I took jars and sachets of baby food, water in his bottles ready for the formula and nobody said a word.
    We stayed at the Naviti. The staff there were so friendly and loved kids. Quite often taking our baby boy while we were trying to eat our lunch or dinner!