+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with Defence Health. We are with them and have had no issues with two private births and another private operation, as well as numerous extras claims.

We pay $283 a month for top hospital and top extras (about to be jacked up to $364 a month though, thanks very much, Labour government) with Defence Health for two adults and two kids (neither DF or I are in the Defence forces). They have single parent cover if you don't need to consider DH on your policy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

Amira  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think so far im trying to decide between Defence Health, Bupa and Medibank. Will make a few phone calls tomorrow. Must remember to ask about ambulance cover.

Thanks for the help. Its such a hard decision and very important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved being with mbf (bupa) before but defence health just ended up cheaper that's all.

Both give you your choice of hospy and doctors. Medibank private from memory tells you what provider to use.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Amira  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried doing a quote today just for comparisons sake on Defence Health and I clicked the "Join Now" button and it came up with a list of people eligible to join. I don't fit into any of those categories. It asks Formyour "defence connection". How do people get around it? Do you have relations in the forces ect?
    My MIL and FIL are ex army reserve and navy. Can I use them?

I am currently with Medibank. When I got my glasses from Specsavers I got a further discount because they are one of Medibanks preferred providers.
    Last edited by Cromo; 07-06-2012 at 22:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromo View Post
    Tried doing a quote today just for comparisons sake on Defence Health and I clicked the "Join Now" button and it came up with a list of people eligible to join. I don't fit into any of those categories. It asks Formyour "defence connection". How do people get around it? Do you have relations in the forces ect?

I am currently with Medibank. When I got my glasses from Specsavers I got a further discount because they are one of Medibanks preferred providers.
    Im not sure about anyone else. But my DH is a serving member of the RAAF. You could call them up and ask what requirement there are. They were very helpful on the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromo View Post

You need the Id or badge number of the serving or reservist member. I don't think you are eligible as you or your partner needs to be adf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjlangel81 View Post
    With Bupa General dental is a 2 mth wait general dental is fillings, cleans and simple extractions also wisdom teeth come under general dental
    My oldest daughter just had all four of hers out with a surgeon in Sydney. We were with Bupa too and there was only one place I could find that was a preferred provider for difficult wisdom teeth for BUPA members. It worked out really well for us. My daughter was happy and the total out of pocket expense was only $350 for everything.

The surgeon even gave me a mobile number and said we could reach him at any hour if we had a problem. Here is the number I have: 0420 622 350.

If you're with bupa and are in Sydney I would highly recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default my opinion

In my opinion, Defence Health, Bupa and Medibank are good options for a Health insurance
    greetings!