+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Gah, BORING!!

FB ladies, you see the car at the top of my timeline? That's my BMW 540i sedan. 4.4ltrs of classy, V8 elegance. All black leather upholstery, timber paneling, looks great, drives better and goes like a rocket!

Now THAT'S a classy dad's car!!!

My poor Dh drives around in a 2006 Holden Barina hatch back..
    It's blue so I try to tell him it's nice and "manly" it's my old car and it still has the tweetie car seat covers on it.. What??.. They were on sale! I swear
    The number plate has the letters LAM so now all of his mates call him "Lamie"

My Dh does boxing as a hobby so its a funny sight seeing this big guy in a wee little car... But he was the one who insisted on selling his Car to save money when dd was born.. So I can secretly laugh all I want :lol:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Swift as a family car! BIL and SIL have 2 kids in a Swift.

PS when are you going to have another baby? I think Ive asked you this for two years now lol.
    Haha sorry LH! Long awaited baby - but we're thinking within the next couple of years Won't be long - you'll be the first to know!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I actually like those! Just not sure I'd be able to convince him on Ford.
    What models of car does he prefer??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well we just bought a 'Dad' car a couple of months ago, but it doesn't fit your list at all except for price ($11,000). But DH is ecstatic with it, a 1996 Landcruiser wagon, to tow his motorbikes and go camping and 4 wheel driving with. Fraser Island here we come!

He hasn't had his 'own' car for 10 years now as he always has had a company car, so he is very chuffed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    My poor Dh drives around in a 2006 Holden Barina hatch back..
    It's blue so I try to tell him it's nice and "manly" it's my old car and it still has the tweetie car seat covers on it.. What??.. They were on sale! I swear
    The number plate has the letters LAM so now all of his mates call him "Lamie"

My Dh does boxing as a hobby so its a funny sight seeing this big guy in a wee little car... But he was the one who insisted on selling his Car to save money when dd was born.. So I can secretly laugh all I want :lol:
    LOL! My DH has my old 2 door 2000 Barina complete with the My Family and Apple stickers (and he hates Macs). We swapped when DD2 was born because I couldn't easily fit 2 carseats in it. I secretly have a giggle and curse myself for not putting frangipani seat covers on before we swapped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to albear For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It all depends...on him and his job. We have very unfriendly family performance cars but it works for us.

The I30 seems to be popular with non car enthusiast or non 4wd dad on a budget. I hate them lol but most of the dads driving these seem happy
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 07-06-2012 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    LOL! My DH has my old 2 door 2000 Barina complete with the My Family and Apple stickers (and he hates Macs). We swapped when DD2 was born because I couldn't easily fit 2 carseats in it. I secretly have a giggle and curse myself for not putting frangipani seat covers on before we swapped.
    :lol: men in Barinas just have s.ex appeal oozing from them don't they?
    We also have a set of my family stickers on the back..
    I put them on before I was even pregnant so it's just me, Dh, and the fish
    Dh was walking out of the shops one day and was about to hop in the car.. A group of young kids drove past and yelled out the window "Nice car! BEEP BEEP BARINA"
    Hahaha Dh was NOT impressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd def go for a Mazda. DP has a 3 and I have a CX7.

The 3 is awesome on fuel and holds great value. Also because everyone has them, parts and services are cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has a 2006 Toyota Kluger Grande which is worth about $25000 now. There are earlier & standard models which would be more in your price range.

I drive a sedan but when I need to drive his car to take the dogs somewhere I really like driving it! It literally feels like you are driving a normal sedan, but just sits slightly higher on the road.

Speak to any mechanic or person who knows cars, no one will doubt Toyota for quality & reliability.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think his pick of the lot so far is the Mazda 6 wagon. Unfortunately he prefers the newer ones (post 2008) so it might add up to a bit more but I'm hoping he'll get a decent amount for his current car so we'll only be out of pocket $10k or so.