+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lorraine Lea Linen

Has anyone purchased any Lorraine Lea Linen? Is it expensive?
    I've been looking online and there's no prices on there.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes it's expensive and to be honest, I don't think the linen itself is worth the price.

The actual bedding however, such as Doonas, pillows and underlays? I can't rave about enough! I love them, they're the best ones I ever bought.

But yeah, doona cover sets? Waaayy overpriced and they don't last very well at all.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (07-06-2012),twotrunks  (07-06-2012)

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely agree with everything Bunnyhugs said. I paid close to $200 for a kb doona cover set. It is starting to unravel after only a year. The bedding on the other hand is fantastic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased pillow cases as a test before I purchased the sheets and I didnt go on to get the sheets as the pillow cases weren't a nice feel (not smooth fabric) and started to pill after a few washes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejoypeace For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have gotten a couple of things. I got this doona cover that's made from T-Shirt style material, so soft and snuggly but I don't think they make it anymore and I'm devastated. It's lasted a long time and I love it so much that I was going to buy another for our new king size bed. It is expensive though. What was also expensive but definitely worth it was the pillow protectors I got. Waterproof and very plush.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mattress topper is amazing! And quilts etc are great.

Don't waste the money on the quilt cover sets or bathroom mats you're better off getting them from target or somewhere else as the LL ones are not worth the huge amount they charge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBug For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny88 View Post
    I have gotten a couple of things. I got this doona cover that's made from T-Shirt style material, so soft and snuggly but I don't think they make it anymore and I'm devastated. It's lasted a long time and I love it so much that I was going to buy another for our new king size bed. It is expensive though. What was also expensive but definitely worth it was the pillow protectors I got. Waterproof and very plush.
    I bought the bed t's in single for my son as I absolutely loathe the boys quilt covers they sell - yuck yuck yuck! Anyway, after one wash this bed t set was out of shape and DS hates it! $80 odd wasted right there.

I have the healthy fibre quilt, the cheapest pillows (can't remember the name?) and the woolen underlays on mine and DS1s bed and we are soo toasty warm each night. I'm planning to buy them again for DS2 when he goes in to a single bed next month as I think they're totally worth the big money.

Not a fan of their tea towels, and i bought their kids messy mat thing and absolutely hated it!

Doona covers I got for my bed I love BUT one of them has bobbled up really badly while the other has held up pretty well. I'd rather buy my linen from myer or adairs - honestly target would probably be cheaper and better quality overall.

I think I've had to sew just about every single button back on to each doona cover though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weird, I just went to a LL party tonight! They do still have the t-shirt material sets, I remember her raving about them. Pretty sure the lady said they have a warranty but not sure if it applies to everything. Glad I didn't get a quilt set!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post
    Weird, I just went to a LL party tonight! They do still have the t-shirt material sets, I remember her raving about them. Pretty sure the lady said they have a warranty but not sure if it applies to everything. Glad I didn't get a quilt set!

I think it's a 30 day warranty and they can claim that you didn't follow the proper washing instructions or some such

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I think it's a 30 day warranty and they can claim that you didn't follow the proper washing instructions or some such
    Ahh ok, I bought a pillow and she told me it would have a lifetime warranty but the other stuff must be different.