+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Medela Calma Teat

Has anyone used the Medela Calma teat/bottles? Apparently they're really good if you're mixing BF and bottle feeding.

And does anyone know if the teats fit on an Avent bottle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the medel calma teat for DS when we first introduced EBM to him at about 3 or 4 months, as I was worried about nipple confusion. It worked really well - no worries going from breast to bottle (although that could have just been him, not the teat). We moved onto normal slow-flow teats about 6 months as DS was taking AGES to finish a bottle with the calma teat (I think he was getting lazy!). I just got medela bottles, so don't know if they fit on the Avent ones sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply We want to ideally be mix BF/EBM so DF can join in - he really wants to be a part of the feeding and don't want too much nipple/bottle confusion. We've been given Avent bottles but I might just get a few medela bottles anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    highly recommend medela calma as well - we used it from 10wks to 10mths when I was at work and DD needed to be fed EBM.

no nipple confusion here but I never ever gave her a bottle and I didnt start till 8/9wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOVE the medela calma teats. Used them from 4 weeks with my daughter, and 1 week with my son and both have had no nipple confusion and easily transition back to the breast (however they only have the odd EBM bottle). Your child may take a few goes to get used to the calma teat, and seem like they cant quite suck on it properly at first but if you persist they will get the bottle into them. My daughter is now 16 months and still uses her calma teat for her EBM but I think we will be transitioning to a cup very soon for no other reason than it being time to move on from bottles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love it! It's the only nipple DS will take, and no nipple confusion. Although he's only used it twice.