+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Introducing myself and tell me where to go!

Hello,

I'm currently on CD3 of my cycle, sniffing Synarel twice a day and expecting to start FSH injections on Saturday (all being well at my scan).

I had my first child via IVF (after three miscarriages) and have been trying to conceive no.2 for quite a while without any luck. My FS has put us down as "unexplained infertility" though being 35+ probably doesn't help.

I was hoping you could tell me where to go (in the nicest possible sense!) to get support and to share the journey with others at the same stage? I don't know my way around the forum very well and want to make sure I'm posting in the right spot.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tooty

You could join the May/June Cycle buddies or June, july august one. Hope you find a thread you like!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wishful05 For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for taking the time to reply wishful, I was beginning to think this was a very unfriendly forum!

I wasn't sure if the May/June threads were just for people TTC their first child. It's hard to know as a complete newby and I didn't want to put my foot in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tootyfruity
    there are also threads of people in the same location you could join. I don;t know aboupt the other locations but the people on the brisbane thread are really nice and helpful. I imagine that's the same for the other locations as we are all going through the same ordeal.#
    Good luck in your journey.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monstamash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tootyfruity ,

The May/June threads and July/Aug threads are for anyone who is having IVF etc during those months, it deosnt matter if you have children or dont so I am sure you would be more than welcome there, everyone is friendly and helpful!

Or as Monstamash said you can join your state/city. I live in Adelaide so I post in there, there is one for Melb, Syd, Perth, Bris, Gold Coast, Canberra etc

Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you monstamash and Nicsta! I have posted in the May/June thread so hopefully will be able to get involved there. I will look for the Brisbane thread too.

And thank you for the luck, I appreciate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in brisbane as well. I haven't posted there yet as i have my first appointment with my new FS on 2nd July so don't really know where i'm up to at this stage (timeline etc). July seems sooooo long away so i don't really want to become obsessive so early. i think it would just make it seem longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time does seem to go more slowly if you obsess over every detail but it's SO hard not to isn't it! I can't wait to get to EPU but have to keep sniffing and start FSH before then, I'm getting very impatient so I know what you mean.

Good luck for July/August I hope the time flies by!