+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't you realise, that anything nice a man does for a woman is WRONG?!

It's only fair if she has done the exact same thing in return, and they have both signed a contract to say that they agree with those terms.

And anyway, pregnancy is a doddle, and labour is nothing. There's no way you should get a present for that! And if you do, remember that Section 5a of the Present Charter states that you are only allowed a present if you buy an identical one in return for the giver.

Gifts must be matched at all times. Otherwise you risk all kinds of hell when the Present Police do an audit.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (07-06-2012),elleandsam  (07-06-2012),Ellymoe  (07-06-2012),River Song  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hahaha.

Funnily enough, I didn't see my baby as a present He is oh so much more than a present!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    PRESENTS ARE FOR THE WEAK!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it is a expectation I think it's a gesture of gratitude and love. Any father who see's the compromises and hard work in pregnancy and giving birth and wishes to recognize that with a gift, good on them. I don't understand why this should be frowned upon??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (07-06-2012),Guest654  (07-06-2012),Sarelou  (07-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What is this push present? Iv never heard of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyman View Post
    If a mun can get a push present can the dad get a 'insert name here' present?

Push presents are rubbish

ToughLove, u are my new favourite person. Love ur response.
    Good point. I'll make sure I don't forget to give him a 'J*ck-off into a cup' present, or he'll get really upset!

I only heard about push presents recently, nice if a guy wants to do it. My DH has not been told about them by me so I doubt he knows they exist. If I get flowers etc I get them, if not I don't really care (although I might ask for some brie and crackers! Hope that doesn't make me too demanding ). I'm not very sentimental, but I have to admit some of the traditions some people have set (eg. jewellery that will go to their children eventually and have special meaning) sound really sweet , and if they like them, why would anyone else care if they choose to celebrate the birth like this?

I got flowers after my EPU which I certainly wasn't expecting, we don't even have a vase in the house so I had to find some other container! It was nice that DH thought to show some acknowledgement of all the medical procedures, injections, and general poking and prodding I'd been through to get to that stage.

I think people here have got an image of some harpy demanding gifts and freaking out if she doesn't get exactly what she wants, and forget that some people really enjoy GIVING gifts and these guys probably aren't doing it with a gun to their head.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

River Song  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The thing I dislike about this "push present" is its dumb name.

I'm all for the presents though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My gorgeous DH gave me a diamond letter for each of my girls are they were born - and "L" and an "S" for the first letter of their names. I am custodian of these until each child reaches 21 and then they get it. My little boy will receive DH's watch.

Quite frankly some of the responses on here arerude. Fair enough if you don't like the idea or want anything for yourself but to accuse others of being selfish for liking the idea is just bizarre. I never expected anything from DH but he is a thoughtful man who was overwhelmed by love for his family when we had our children he wanted to do something that was always there to represent how he felt at that time. I personally think it's a wondeful idea and love showing the girls their jewellery which they know I am only looking after for them until they are old enough.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CharlieBug  (07-06-2012),Ellymoe  (07-06-2012),Guest654  (07-06-2012),rae81  (07-06-2012),Sarelou  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    The thing I dislike about this "push present" is its dumb name.

I'm all for the presents though.
    I agree it's a dumb name. My mother received something from my father when she had her kids. As far as I'm aware it's been around for a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest, I've never heard of it until this thread but I quite like the idea of a "push present". My DH never got me anything for the birth of our son but then again I didn't expect anything either.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a little selfish sometimes, it's a wonderful thing to get appreciated for all the hard work you've done (like grow a little human inside you for 40 or so weeks then give birth). I'm not saying go out and buy something ridiculously expensive, I would have been happy with a chip sandwich and an apple juice as my push present