+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: A Push Present

Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    i personally don't see the need for it. Yes it may be nice. But what is really nice is having your df home helping you with baby and lettiing you catch up on sleep. As well as staying in hospital by your side for most of your stay ( Apart from going home to sleep) There is no need to big shiney things. Its little things that help you out at home and in the hospital that is the most important thing. Which them little things make you feel more loved then a ring. As any sort of gift is not going to help you at 2am of a morning.
    Why cant he do both? I didnt expect a gift, i had no idea. It was just another lovely surprise and very thoughtful

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A Push Present

I don't get how people can afford sparkly jewels at a time when lots of people go down to one income? We definitely couldn't. And babies are expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A Push Present

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I don't get how people can afford sparkly jewels at a time when lots of people go down to one income? We definitely couldn't. And babies are expensive!
    Sometimes it's family heirlooms. For dd1 I got a little cameo (to wear/hold in trust till she is 18) and dd2 a ring that belonged to MILs grandmother.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Sometimes it's family heirlooms. For dd1 I got a little cameo (to wear/hold in trust till she is 18) and dd2 a ring that belonged to MILs grandmother.
    Yeah that's nice - and meaningful.

We don't have any family heirlooms... Hmm, maybe we should buy something to start it off! Maybe next time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: A Push Present

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Mine was dhs grandmothers - an eternity ring.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    It is freaking awful if it is given after the woman demanded it.
    I asked my dad for the soft cheese and salami, he was happy to. Again this time around I am requesting flowers from DP. He doesn't have an issue with it, so I'm not really sure why others seem to want to pass judgement on it. I was the only one in the hospital last time with no flowers, nothing at all. I want flowers this time and DP won't mind my extensive demands one little bit, I guarantee it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each to their own really. Whether someone gets given a gift or not doesn't affect me at all. Its not really my thing, but I have requested sushi, blue vein, ham and a gooey egg after the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

After ds 1 was born he was about 12 weeks actually my dh surprised me with a ten diamond eternity ring that he designed by himself with a jeweller. It was a gorgeous surprise gift one that I Did not expect at all. For ds 2 I didn't get anything, but as I said I didn't expect anything to begin with

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

I hate the name, really very much. It's so crass!

I think it's nice if the father gives a meaningful present, but it should not be expected.

DF gave me a Thomas Sabo charm, a teddy bear with a diamond (meaningful for us, relevant to what we called DS inutero). He actually gave it to me on Mother's Day, which was a few days after DS was born.

I wanted to get him a similarly meaningful present, but in the lead up to the birth, I couldn't think of anything appropriate. Eventually I bought him a keyring with DS's handprint on them. DS & I got them in time to give him for Father's Day in September.

Not "Push Presents" exactly, but meaningful presents to each other to mark our precious baby's arrival. I had a C-Section though anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I asked my dad for the soft cheese and salami, he was happy to. Again this time around I am requesting flowers from DP. He doesn't have an issue with it, so I'm not really sure why others seem to want to pass judgement on it. I was the only one in the hospital last time with no flowers, nothing at all. I want flowers this time and DP won't mind my extensive demands one little bit, I guarantee it.

each to their own Benji.