+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To me personally the process of gift giving is a beautiful gesture by someone who wants to show/send a message. It's conpletely up to the individual and how they are feeling. No one has the right to say that it's not ok or not warranted.

You know, sometimes I buy my husband or my mother random gifts. I buy them to show my appreciation, to let them know I am thinking of them and it gives me the greatest pleasure.

I can not fathom how people can frown down upon the act of gift giving! It doesn't matter whether it's a hand picked red rose or a diamond ring. It's the message behind it. It could be for the birth of a child, birthday, Christmas or just a random present. To me, it's lovely

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-01-2013),SimplyMum  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I told my DP that some people think that mothers who would like a small token after giving birth are 'self absorbed' and 'entitled' and whatnot. He laughed. He said I'm not selfish at all because I'd like flowers for my hospital room after I give birth. He said it's normal and he'll be happy to oblige (I just have to remind him lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I had a c section . So do I get a cut present ? Heheh I wish I had gotten a present .
    hahaha I love this. DH and I joked after the birth of DD that I didn't get a "push" present because I didn't push.

Before anyone gets upset, it was totally a joke. DH didn't get me anything but he did ask if I wanted anything and I said not to bother. Totally regretting that now Should have cashed in on my eternity ring then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I had a c section . So do I get a cut present ? Heheh I wish I had gotten a present .
    Of course you do - you 'pushed' through your pregnancy didnt you? it might have been given a silly name as of recently but the tradition is really old. you know how i know? because the beautiful pendant my grandmother received from her husband when my mother was born (long before the name) is still in my family!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

I'd rather we spend the money on something useful for all of us. And I'd just be happy to have our baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

This conversation is still hot!
    My inner princess wants a push present, who doesn't?
    Deep down I know I won't get one as we can't afford one or can justify one more like it and I know my partner knows bottom line is baby comes first!
    We have a baby account that is to look after me n bubs while I'm off work and buy all our needs. We have had this as a joint savings acc since the week we got out bfp so its doing good. My head and heart say there's my push present right there so if the budget permits I can buy my own small luxuries and I'm thinking a nice hair do and new clothes when I lose baby weight

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

I don't think this is a new concept just a new name. My mum gave me her present when I was pregnant with my first (the one she got when she had me)
    I intend to do the same, DD was first, at the time we did not have much money so it's nothing to flashy. DS's is nicer I'll give that to his partner if/when they have kids.
    I think it's nice a nice little keepsake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A Push Present

I asked and his response " you didn't push" sigh lucky he's joking but not present tho .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a beautiful idea, if it is a gift given happily and with love.

It is freaking awful if it is given after the woman demanded it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Well-said Sparklebug!

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    I don't think this is a new concept just a new name. My mum gave me her present when I was pregnant with my first (the one she got when she had me)
    I intend to do the same, DD was first, at the time we did not have much money so it's nothing to flashy. DS's is nicer I'll give that to his partner if/when they have kids.
    I think it's nice a nice little keepsake.
    It's a beautiful tradition to hand down something so precious and symbolic. That's why I loved the Juno Lucina pendant.