+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    i personally don't see the need for it. Yes it may be nice. But what is really nice is having your df home helping you with baby and lettiing you catch up on sleep. As well as staying in hospital by your side for most of your stay ( Apart from going home to sleep) There is no need to big shiney things. Its little things that help you out at home and in the hospital that is the most important thing. Which them little things make you feel more loved then a ring. As any sort of gift is not going to help you at 2am of a morning.
    Uh... My husband does this stuff because he impregnated me. It's not 'nice' of him to do that, or a loving gesture. It's his duty as a father.

For me being given a ring was a lovely gesture so that I had something physical that I could hold when my boy wasn't close to me. That was thoughtful in my books because it wasn't required or expected of him. Raising your child in my books isn't something the mother should be grateful for. It's just what he should DO.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Uh... My husband does this stuff because he impregnated me. It's not 'nice' of him to do that, or a loving gesture. It's his duty as a father.

For me being given a ring was a lovely gesture so that I had something physical that I could hold when my boy wasn't close to me. That was thoughtful in my books because it wasn't required or expected of him. Raising your child in my books isn't something the mother should be grateful for. It's just what he should DO.
    Definitely. I don't think of it as DH 'helping me' with the baby, any more than I think of it as 'helping him with the baby' when I do anything with DD.

And I'm sure most of the dads who do buy presents don't give their wives the choice of a present OR doing their share of the baby/ household duties.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: A Push Present

i received a ring on the birth of both my boys. Each had their birthstone in it and it will be passed on to them when im gone. i love having jewellery that i can explain the meaning of. My husband and i both worked hard to prepare for our babies and he is proud and appreciative of me sharing my body to give him 2 beautiful children. He does not do emotions well so i know its him saying thanks lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uh... My husband does this stuff because he impregnated me. It's not 'nice' of him to do that, or a loving gesture. It's his duty as a father

I don't think Mummy2Lilly is saying that they offer. But most fathers DO go back to work after baby is born as in the next day my husband did and i can tell you having him helping me at 2am in the morning would have been a life saver but of course that couldnt be done because he had early starts. We also had a 18 month old to. Yes it is a fathers duty of care to help but at the end of the day being told to go have a sleep or go sink in a deep hot bath you say it is not Nice of him what world are you from? Some parents do find it nice of there husbands offer to care for the baby while you have a bath or sleep or even go and visit a friend on your OWN and they may even find it loving that they put there wifes before the baby and want to help around the house. Everyone is different. it could be little things as well that can make someone happy with having dinner pulled out lunch made, Washing done everyone is different some people like to think they get presents for "pushing out a baby" which is natural for women it is just another excuse i believe for women to get another present. I am not just sticking up for mummy 2 lilly but i have noticed other people say what mummy 2 lilly has and have been told they should do that etc i am agreeing with all of them. Also someone said he impregnated me umm it takes two to tango

6. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry apple cheesecake For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A Push Present

I dont see the problem with it. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread people give gifts when people are sick well I have to agree childbirth exceeds any sickness I have ever had... And it depends on individuals financial situation as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Push present! It sounds so ludicrus!

What do I think of it? It's a present, a material way of expressing ones love, pride, gratitude, etc etc If someone wants to do this with a material present, or just verbally with a simple 'I love you', 'I'm so proud of you', 'Thank you'. Either way someone does this is each to their own and is a lovely expression of your feelings at such a time.

So long as the feeling behind it isn't lost and its a choice rather than an expected obligation, but I'd be just as happy with my baby in my arms and a man by my side.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A Push Present

I had a c section . So do I get a cut present ? Heheh I wish I had gotten a present .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (09-01-2013),Bennos Mummy  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would never ever expect nor ask for anything. Wouldn't reject a surprise present either though

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I had a c section . So do I get a cut present ? Heheh I wish I had gotten a present .
    Was going to say the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I think the name of it is a bit odd but I certainly wouldn't have objected. I got diddly squat from df after my 64 hour labour with katelyn. *hmph*

Oh wait... I got a baby. Spose that'll do. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub