+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile OF COURSE you deserve a gift

You just made a human life with this person. You got an engagement ring to celebrate your bond, a wedding band to symbolize eternity together and you should have a really precious piece to symbolize the birth of your child. This practice is 1000 years old. Men gave women gifts to appease the goddess Juno Lucina, who protected women in childbirth. DH gave me a pendant shaped like her http://www.jlucina.com. It was the cost of a really nice dinner and a night at the theater, most of which I truthfully can't recall every detail of. But this I will have my whole life to remember each time I look at it, and it will be passed down to future generations, forever.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

It's a present daddy buys for mummy because he wants not because anyone expects it.
    For me, my hubby was there with me during labour, saw what I went through to have our 2 beautiful DDs and while he stood there holding my hand and encouraging me, he said he couldn't believe what I had to go through and felt so helpless as a dad...it is an emotional time after birth for both of us and he says to me time and time again that what i had to do to get our DDs out into this world is something so amazing and something he can never do - a 'push present' is just one of the ways he can show his love and appreciation.

Is anyone going to say that's wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A Push Present

Lol I brought up this push present idea to my fiancé and since he has just splashed out on a big rock he says I'm wearing it! I never got an Xmas present either.
    Haha oh well as long as my babies healthy I don't care.
    My cousin lives in Japan and they get given a birthing ring there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

I would rather my fiancé help out around home and change nappies do washing etc than have a piece of jewellery....and he will be! But if by some miracle he did buy me something I wouldn't say no

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

DF would've quite happily bought me something, if I ever wore jewelry or gave him a sign that I wanted one. Knowing him, he may yet.

I don't care if others get them or not, it's none of my business.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

Haha i hope the people who are against receiving presents dont have a "thoughtless husband" who brings them something to congratulate them on their beautiful baby.

I can just imagine the tanty husband: "i am so proud of you and bought you a little token of my appreciation"

Wife "you did what? You thoughtless, arrogant a hole... How dare you"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A Push Present

Who cares if someone gets a present? What's it got to do with anyone else? Some people in this thread are sounding a bit bitter!
    I love buying new mums something for them. So many people buy things for the baby which the parents more then likely have already purchased so its not a necessity. Why not something for the mum who is probably in a bit of pain, and a bit exhausted and emotional? The morning after I had DD, DH showed up to the hospital with a card and a pandora L charm for our daughters name. It was so sweet and thoughtful as he is not one for buying random presents. Yes I had a beautiful baby and was perfectly happy with just her, but it was nice to get something as an extra keepsake.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i personally don't see the need for it. Yes it may be nice. But what is really nice is having your df home helping you with baby and lettiing you catch up on sleep. As well as staying in hospital by your side for most of your stay ( Apart from going home to sleep) There is no need to big shiney things. Its little things that help you out at home and in the hospital that is the most important thing. Which them little things make you feel more loved then a ring. As any sort of gift is not going to help you at 2am of a morning.

But if it is a family member or friends buying you something that is for you and not the baby then that can make you feel better. But i must say after i gave birth everything was for me as in terms of persents and poor DF got nothing. I feel as though he should have for being in hospital with me for 48 hours until bub was born. It seems as though dads get pushed to the side a bit.
    IMO
    Last edited by mummy2lilly; 09-01-2013 at 07:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A Push Present

[QUOTE=mummy2lilly;7000659]i personally don't see the need for it. Yes it may be nice. But what is really nice is having your df home helping you with baby and lettiing you catch up on sleep. As well as staying in hospital by your side for most of your stay ( Apart from going home to sleep) There is no need to big shiney things. Its little things that help you out at home and in the hospital that is the most important thing. Which them little things make you feel more loved then a ring. As any sort of gift is not going to help you at 2am of a morning.
    /QUOTE]

But it's not necessarily one or the other. My DH was the most amazing help, he is her dad and he knew I was in pain exhausted etc so he basically looked after her & I those first few weeks while I just slept/recovered. He also got me a small present. It is possible to do both.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Push Present

I got a kiss, a high five, and some herbal cough syrup. Lol