+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On the topic of poor men missing out, when my nephew was born, my brother bought sushi and fanta to share with his wife that night, along with a necklace to put a lock of the baby's hair in (when he eventually has a hair cut) and my brother was given a little metal envelope looking thing, also for the baby's hair. He is 1 now but they will keep some of his hair each when he has it cut.

Also my little brother was recently hospitalised and we bought him new flowers each week to brighten up the room, a little guardian angel pin for his shirt, a glass angel ornament for his bedside, and a teddy with bandages all over like he had.

It's not that anyone demanded anything, my brother was still in a coma when we bought the toys and angels so he sure didn't ask for them, but having someone think of you is what really matters. He loved the card dd made him and the one I gave him from the animals with photos of them in it.

I don't know about others, but I go out of my way to avoid buying gifts for demanding people and prefer to use my time and money for people I love and care about, those who are happy with hugs and kisses but who appreciate flowers and cards and other small, thoughtful gifts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like the name push present. Not one bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I don't like the name push present. Not one bit.
    Neither do I. It seems pretty normal to me to take flowers or whatnot to somebody in hospital. I don't see why it needs to be labelled. Gifts for a new mum are nothing new, doesn't really need a name IMO.

I would presume people talking about the diamond rings when giving birth would actually be her eternity ring??? That's what it sounds like to me. That doesn't sound unreasonable.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (08-06-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I deserved a freaking medal after giving birth. I still suffer physically more than 6 years on.
    Yep, I nearly bled to death during birth. I deserve a medal too

Best gift I got (and no I didn't ask for anything) was from my aunt who bought me a bouquet of chocolate bars. Awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yep, I nearly bled to death during birth. I deserve a medal too

A few people have said the baby was a present enough. I fell in love with DS instantly (although acknowledge that not all new parents do) but it would have been nice to be able to have enjoyed it more rather than being in agonising pain.

I can't even imagine how you must've felt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think the name is stupid.

I don't want or expect something that might be classed as a "push present," from my partner... unless he effs up and isn't there or anything, but then that's a "Sorry I wasn't there to support you... forgive me?" present...

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive been thinking since yesterday what presents i want for having this baybeee.

So far ive come up with;

Fart in a bottle....

Lol no im being stupid now.

I really want a 50mm1.4 yooohooo dh he said ok sure! It can be your christmas present too! Whattttttt!!!!!jipped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but DE apparantly I'm getting the fart in a bottle. Still sulking about that!

All I have asked DP for (for our future hypothetical baby lol) is flowers. I got not a single flower when I had DS and I had to have an extended stay due to the birth so shared a room with a few other couples who had just had their baby. Their rooms were full of beautiful flowers, mine was so dull. I was there all alone for most of my stay until mum came after work daily. Next time I will be getting flowers damnit, just one bunch.

Funnily enough, DP isn't offended by my extremely outrageous demands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm not keen on the name either. Firstly it minimises those of us who have c/s. Plus it just seems... I dunno crass?

But the idea behind it is sweet. I think as women most of us put everyone else first, we tend to our husbands. I don't see the issue.

and my favourite gift was a bath pack from a SIL. Everyone gave baby clothes (which I was totally fine with) but it was just nice for someone to give me something small

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree it sounds crass. I also thought it sounded like you only should get one for a vaginal birth. It doesn't need a name at all.