+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't even get the whole gift buying between partners.. I mean most couples would share money so it'd basically be buying yourself a present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to see a man push a little human being out of any opening in his body... Imagine the gifts and special treatment HE'D expect!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Kinda like the people who rage about other women getting gifts on Valentines Day and how stupid it is....in some cases I suspect they are just sore because their own partners aren't gonna give them anything . We don't celebrate V day in our house but I don't care if other people do
    We don't celebrate V day with bought gifts either, and that includes M's Day and F's Day. We cook dinner for each other, have a bubble bath, massage each others feet, get the kids to do art for us

Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Hey I'm all for blessingways, but this whole turn up and buy me x, y, z from my registry pls, no thanks!
    I think when it's demands for expensive gifts then yes that's getting a bit much. I had a babyshower for my first and it was a few little gifts and my gfs.

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    3 kids, no motherway, blessingway, babyshower.
    Now can I have my post baby flowers?? Or am I still demanding and greedy?

Oh this just in....

NO CELEBRATION OF WOMEN INVOLVING GIFTS CAN OCCUR!!!
    Yeah I just find it weird. If a woman is having a meltdown screaming for a 4 carat ring then I would say that's demanding. but then if a man did that I would say the same thing. We can't help biology any more than men can. Most women I know don't demand anything, their partners and family just buy them gifts.

Just seems simple to me - if you are so adverse to a bunch of flowers or a necklace, refuse them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any problem with a husband buying his wife a gift to commemorate the birth of a child. I also think its nice for the wife to buy the husband something. Because I don't see it as a "push" present but a gift to each other to commemorate.
    We didn't do gifts to each other, but for each child we got a few bottles of that years Penfolds Grange, to open at their 21st.

I don't buy into the whole "I've been pregnant for 9 months, pushed out a baby, have hemorrhoids and all you had to do was have a night of fun therefore I deserve an expensive gift". I feel so blessed that I got to experience pregnancy, hemorrhoids and swollen ankles too! I feel a little sorry for guys that they will never experience the wonder of feeling your baby moving around.

Anyhoo, I think a present is nice, just as I think the original idea of a baby shower, or v day, or mothers day is nice. I start to feel a little sickened when these things become so commercialized and materialistic that expensive gifts are expected, and you get people complaining that they didn't get a nice enough present (and I've seen that on here).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I
    I don't buy into the whole "I've been pregnant for 9 months, pushed out a baby, have hemorrhoids and all you had to do was have a night of fun therefore I deserve an expensive gift"..
    I don't think anyone has said that. But my comment was in reference to a comment that basically said the mother should get nothing and the father should get something. As women we go thru alot in pg, I for one don't have easy pgs and births. That's not to say I regret them a single bit. But if my DH wants to buy me a couple of small gifts (which I don't demand) to show me appreciation then I don't see the issue? I appreciate him for working for me. I cook his dinners lovingly. Pack his lunches. I don't see this any different...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (08-06-2012),GuestMember  (08-06-2012),Sonja  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really loved that people bought me chocolate, even though I couldn't eat it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got proposed to 20 mins after I gave birth to DS with a big diamond ring. Does this count as a push present?? Lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to diesal444 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I deserved a freaking medal after giving birth. I still suffer physically more than 6 years on.

I dunno... don't want a gift... don't buy or accept one?

There's nothing wrong with others following certain traditions or letting somebody know that they care. I don't see the big deal. I don't understand hounding people because some people like sentimental gifts for sentimental events. *shrug*

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I don't even get the whole gift buying between partners.. I mean most couples would share money so it'd basically be buying yourself a present.
    DP and I tend to go all out on gifts for each other. Yes, money is combined. Yes, we share housing. But a piece of jewellery (or whatever) from him, that he chose, means a lot more to me than something I've picked up for myself.

We don't buy much during the year. We don't go on big shopping sprees, we don't 'treat' ourselves during the year.

I don't see what is so offensive about others celebrating things like mothers day/valentines day/the birth of a child with a gift??? What's so offensive about it??? DP goes all out for these events but I would never say somebody else should, seems it's okay to call people selfish and indulgent who do.

Guess I'm just a selfish, stupid, indulgent spoiled brat.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No big deal. If your hubby feels like spoiling you for bringing the most amazing think into life then awesome. But if he doesn't get you something then no biggy. I really wasnt worried either way. I had not heard of it until mil said its tradition in their family.

ds - i got a watch (lovely)
    dd - i got personalized number plates oh how exciting lol

honestly i wouldn't have minded if he didn't get me anything at all. Maybe just a sweet note saying he is proud of me would have been the best gift of all.