+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had wls; which wasnt the magical answer it is for a lot of people, i have to exercise a lot. Personal trainer, gym, bootcamp, aqua camp, zumba etc.
    (im not complaining at all. But it certainly wasnt what i was expecting )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you want to build self esteem......step away from the scales, there is no self esteem to be found there, nor is it in comparing your weight to others. Look to who you are, the friend that you are, the mother that you are, your own personal integrity and goodness.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (07-06-2012),iheartthehero  (08-06-2012),saxonrose  (07-06-2012),VicPark  (07-06-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 167cm and 66kg. I'd prefer to be a few kilos lighter, but i fell pregnant and so stopped jogging just because i was too fatigued. I'll start up swimming soon to keep fit this pregnancy. I find I don't concentrate on what my body looks like, but rather what it can do. When I'm puffing walking up a hill with the pusher, that feels crap. I decided a few years ago I wanted to get fit and healthy before i hit middle age because i want my body to keep running well for a long long time. I don't want to spend the last 30 years of my life unable to enjoy life to the fullest because my body won't keep up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    If you want to build self esteem......step away from the scales, there is no self esteem to be found there, nor is it in comparing your weight to others. Look to who you are, the friend that you are, the mother that you are, your own personal integrity and goodness.
    This!

My self esteem has nothing to do with how I look and what I weigh, but the way I think about myself, my values, things I have worked hard to achieve, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with PP about losing the scales. Use clothes as a guideline. I know I weigh a heck more than I did ten yrs ago but I'm a half-one size up (not 39wks preg tho). I'm fitter and stronger now than I was at 18.

Size 10 is very hard for me to maintain. I'm an angry and unhappy person when I don't eat sufficiently. Size 12 is what I am between pregnancies and I'm a 14 maternity now.

So for the op.

166cm and 75-78kg between pregnancies - size 10-12 top and 12-14 bottoms

166cm and 90 now 38.5 wks preg

166cm and 67kg pre babies when I was young and partying heaps. so size 10 top and size 12 bottoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 163cm and 75.5kg.
    Eight years ago I weighed 56kg.
    8 yrs, 2 kids and PCOS later..

You know what? I hated myself at 56kg as much as I do now at 75kg.

Self esteem isn't solely weight related.

Although having read this, I feel better. Seeing other peoples weights and heights has comforted me, they're all pretty close!

BTW a study done recently revealed the average weight of females these days is 70.1kg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 176cm and weigh 120kg. Yeah I'd like to weigh less, I used to weigh 140 and I got down to 90. But my body shut down and I was SO cold, wearing thermals even on a hot summers day. The second I started eating normally again - not even bad, just normal, my weight piled back on.

When I exercise and eat well I can get down to 112, but usually hover at 117. I'm a few kilos up because I'm eating crap and not exercising at the moment. Just not in the right place to want to at the moment.

At 140kg I thought I was over weight but sh1t hot. At 90kg I thought I was still a bit over weight but still sh1t hot. Self confidence has nothing to do with weight. I will walk around a water park in my bathers, going down water slides. I will strut into a bar and think I look good.

Body dysmorphia? Perhaps. Excellent parents? Definitely. I can only hope to raise my daughter as well as my parents raised me, so that she loves her body regardless of it's appearance.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

iheartthehero  (08-06-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (07-06-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (07-06-2012),VicPark  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    165cm, 67kg and 23 weeks preg. Not feeling myself but that's pregnancy! My body is no longer my own...