+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help me build some self-esteem!

I'm 165cm tall and weigh 61kg. I realize this isn't big as I used to be much heavier, but have gained a few kilos in the last month and it's stressing me out.

Anyone willing to share. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? How do you find happiness when you don't like what you see?

I exercise, I eat well. Perhaps this is where I am meant to be, but I dislike my belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 167cm and 56kgs. I can't seem to shift the jiggly-ness from my belly!

I have stretch marks, loose skins, cellulite. My body is no where near what it use to be pre pregnancy.

I find comfort in knowing that my body looks they way it does because I know that for every imperfection that I find, I have a beautiful baby to show for it. I have a wonderful family and my husband tells me every day that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful and I think that also helps with my "body image".

You are beautiful! Just remind yourself of that everyday even if you don't feel/believe it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to H a n n a h For This Useful Post:

FrogsnSnails  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun your bmi is 22.4 which is smack bam in the middle of the healthy weight range. I would love to have that bmi (I've still got quite a bit of work to do post bub).

If its a pouch that you can't get rid of, you could try a Pilates DVD. Pilates has helped me with toning.

As for self confidence etc that comes from within. You've just got to be of the mentality "im beautiful and I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks."

Doing things that relax you could help. For me I always feel better after a walk, my Pilates DVD or going out for a cappucino.

Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 164cm tall and I don't know how much I weigh, at a guess 59kg.
    I've always said to DF that I may look skinny, but I'm still fat. Ashy Bines calls it skinny fat
    All you need is toning really. Well, that's what I mostly need. I don't want to lose weight but I want to lose the fat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 175cm and weigh 69 kgs.. not too thrilled with it, but i can't do much about it, cos i'm pregnant.. I used to weigh 53kg's.. yes, verrryyyy skinney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 183 cm or 6 foot.. And about 65ish kgs.. Very tall very skinny.. Always get the nasty "eat something" comments.. Im naturally thin and have a medical condition that stops me putting on weight, takes a lot to keep on the little that I have..

I think everyone is beautiful and feel horrible for ppl with low self esteem

Thanks
    Reviews
    150cm at 47kgs. I think Im alright most of the time but I definitely have my off days.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    167cm and 75 kgs.

Tbh i do like what i see i used to weigh 130kgs... So from that ive learnt to appreciate where im at, while still trying my best to get where i want to be. (65kgs)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 154cm tall, and usually weigh around 75kgs. Currently at 39 weeks pregnant I weigh 95kgs :| and I swear I got shorter.

I've got more stretch marks then I can count, and two side by side rolls (or mounds) around my abdomen I refer to as my 'second set of boobs'. At my hips everything splits so my belly over my jeans. And I have a really long butt crack, so the fact that I can't get my jeans over my stomach means I usually have a pretty mean plumbers crack.

But it's all down to this, I love myself as I am because I can see that no matter what my family, friends and DF love me for who I am rather then what I look like. Sure I'd like to be thinner and leaner but I'm just taking it in stride and living my life as happily as I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 160cm (I think?) and I currently weigh around 74kg. I'm 5 days overdue with my first child and I'm usually around 56kg.

I am usually pretty skinny, but I've never had abs. Over time I realised that no amount of sit-ups was going to shift the little bit of fat on my belly that might be covering abs, and eventually, I decided it looked more feminine than a six-pack and I accepted it and even liked the way it looked. I like being just a little soft and squishy . I have some mean stretchmarks on my lower belly now and I'm surprised how little they bother me, I look at them and feel like I'm examining someone else. I never thought I'd be ok with them! I joke that if my baby were a tenant they sure as hell wouldn't be getting their bond back!

I'm confident I'll be able to lose at least most of the weight, as I feel much better after some exercise and have actually been longing to be able to break into a run. I hate gyms, I run around the block