+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jasper sounds like Ds1!
    hehe Ds1 rarely wakes up crying but when he does I gotta be there in 10 seconds or its hell to pay!

I honestly lay in DS2's bed with him at night till he drifts off because thats just what works for him. Sometimes I wonder of its teaching.him dependence but I mostly just relax and think of it as what works and what makes him happy right now (hes also 2) I also lay with him a bit when he wakes up crying at night because it seems to work really well (plus its easy. I get to lay down! lol!) I always leave again once hes asleep and he seems fine

I think most mums on here have the best intentions and know what works best for their kids.

my advice would be to do what you feel is right. dnt try to do.something others tell you if it doesnt sit right with you Most mums can tell pretty well what feels right and wrong for their bubs xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive but it sounds like your approach is not working (bub continues to cry and you are tired). A 6 month old shouldn't be waking that often at night. Have you been to sleep school? Perhaps responding with a feed etc is encouraging bubs to wake up more?
    It's actually normal for a 6 month old to wake often at night, might not be normal for your baby but it is for many others. Encouraging a young baby to wake by feeding them? No, nourishing and nurturing them? Yes.
    Last edited by RobinSparkles; 06-06-2012 at 21:56.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

majo  (06-06-2012),peanutmonkey  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't mean to be offensive but it sounds like your approach is not working (bub continues to cry and you are tired). A 6 month old shouldn't be waking that often at night. Have you been to sleep school? Perhaps responding with a feed etc is encouraging bubs to wake up more?
    jasper was like that at that age... it "works" - you do adjust to manage with broken sleep. There's no "shouldn't" - it's not like it's unusual or unhealthy.

- but of course seek support if you want it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post

I think most mums on here have the best intentions and know what works best for their kids.

my advice would be to do what you feel is right. dnt try to do.something others tell you if it doesnt sit right with you Most mums can tell pretty well what feels right and wrong for their bubs xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    I wholeheartedly agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some babies are wakeful. Some prefer not to sleep when there is a whole world out there waiting for them.

And yes, if my 8yo whinges or grizzles or cries, I either go to her or call her so she knows where to find me. Why is responding to our children so shocking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only just started this up again after a break because I had him sleeping in my bed with me, (i was having a rough time with stress and anxiety..).....when he was sleeping better but now that he's not sleeping better with me I've put him back into his cot in his room, I get more and better sleep that way, he seems to be sleeping better in there when he does sleep.

I haven't been to a sleep school.
    I only will feed him (formula fed) the 4 hourly when he wakes and cries for a feed, but he always seems to wake at around 3:30am and won't re settle even after his feed, so I bring him in with me at that point.

Being pregnant as well with my husband on tour in America for 3 months, I'm alone at night time and I am exhausted all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    jasper was like that at that age... it "works" - you do adjust to manage with broken sleep. There's no "shouldn't" - it's not like it's unusual or unhealthy.

- but of course seek support if you want it.

I agree to seek support only if you need it. I am happy to wake as many times as my child needs me but people always feel the need to tell me what THEY think I should be doing.
    And what is normal? Whose child is normal?
    As previously mentioned every parent needs to do what works for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Pretty normal I'd say for a 6 mth old to be waking for a a feed. Desirable even. They have such small tummies
    Yep spot on. Some of them feed all day and have no day naps but it really is good for them to feed day and night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This kinda has turned to the night time sleeping, that's wasn't what I was actually seeking advice for, night time I get up to him regardless Of his cry or grizzle I wake and go to him every time at night and I have
    Never at night left him to cry, it's the day time naps that I was curious about. But I've decided that I'm doing the right thing for both of us. And the rest of the family too.

I have NO issues responding to my my child or children. It is not neglectful to let a baby cry and be checked on and comforted by its
    Mother, nor is it wrong to hold your baby to sleep or anything to those degrees. It's the different parenting styles and I in many of the comments feel slightly under attack for 'not responding to my child' or that I or any other mother that uses CC or anything of the sort 'can't be bothered getting up'.

I was seeking support and thank you for giving me the support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    This kinda has turned to the night time sleeping, that's wasn't what I was actually seeking advice for, night time I get up to him regardless Of his cry or grizzle I wake and go to him every time at night and I have
    Never at night left him to cry, it's the day time naps that I was curious about. But I've decided that I'm doing the right thing for both of us. And the rest of the family too.

I have NO issues responding to my my child or children. It is not neglectful to let a baby cry and be checked on and comforted by its
    Mother, nor is it wrong to hold your baby to sleep or anything to those degrees. It's the different parenting styles and I in many of the comments feel slightly under attack for 'not responding to my child' or that I or any other mother that uses CC or anything of the sort 'can't be bothered getting up'.

I was seeking support and thank you for giving me the support.
    So pleased you got your clarification ... At the end of the day you need to do what is best for you, your family, your bub and what you are comfortable with.