+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    (not directed at op) I don't understand why people are so terrified to let their kids soothe themselves to sleep??? I'm not talking about a hysterical baby.
    I'm not terrified of my KIDS "soothing"themselves to sleep, but my 6 month old baby hell no.
    I think the research speaks for itself and the links have been provided.

I haven't slept in 4 months, I wake around 6/7/8 times a night with my 6 month old. No way would I let her cry herself to sleep because I can't be bothered getting up. Flame me all you like but I didn't have a child so I could leave them alone to cry. At 6 months a baby has spent more time inside their mother than in the world that is why CC is damaging to an infants mental health. I don't know why people even have to question whether it's ok or damaging? You are talking about an infant, who is only just discovering they are a separate being.

I'm out.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-06-2012),Guest1234  (06-06-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (07-06-2012),Lillynix  (07-06-2012),majo  (06-06-2012),Mod-Zeddie  (06-06-2012),RobinSparkles  (06-06-2012),trishalishous  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have noticed a lot of bub hubbers really don't like this method,I posted the same question on my Facebook, and 20 mothers commented and all let the baby cry/sook (not distressed cry) and found it works with them.

I think I am a good mother, a great one in fact, and you all sound like wonderful parents. I guess every family is different and each baby is different. I will never let my baby cry so much that it makes me uncomfortable, and I would always make sure he felt safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    I'm not terrified of my KIDS "soothing"themselves to sleep, but my 6 month old baby hell no.

I haven't slept in 4 months, I wake around 6/7/8 times a night with my 6 month old. No way would I let her cry herself to sleep because I can't be bothered getting up. Flame me all you like but I didn't have a child so I could leave them alone to cry. At 6 months a baby has spent more time inside their mother than in the world that is why CC is damaging to an infants mental health. I don't know why people even have to question whether it's ok or damaging? You are talking about an infant, who is only just discovering they are a separate being.

I'm out.
    Couldn't agree more, hugs Etienne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IMO yes he will know you are there if he really needs you.

Just curious ... Have you tried putting him in bed 5-10 mins sooner so he is a little less overtired??

(not directed at op) I don't understand why people are so terrified to let their kids soothe themselves to sleep??? I'm not talking about a hysterical baby.
    There are ways to help them learn to sleep alone without resorting to crying. Mine slept all night every night but was not left to cry all alone. I'm not sure how people can do it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

majo  (06-06-2012),trishalishous  (06-06-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I often wonder if the problem with these discussions is in fact the word 'cry' - seems that everyone's idea of 'cry' is different.

If my kids wake up and are grizzly/half asleep whinging then yes I'll leave them to go back off to sleep themselves.

Are you guys seriously saying that if your kids wake up in the night and are sort of sooky/grizzly but it's a half asleep 'cry', you'll get up to them to resettle them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    IMO yes he will know you are there if he really needs you.

Just curious ... Have you tried putting him in bed 5-10 mins sooner so he is a little less overtired??

I'm not terrified of letting my children "sooth" themselves (unless you mean like katelyn laying in her bed 'quietly' sucking her thumb - then I honestly put in ear plugs & go back to sleep myself because for a baby who isn't crying at all she's bloody noisy!)

but if they cry Im just happy to respond to them when they cry because that's what feels right to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (06-06-2012),majo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm out.
    Lol, geez. Sorry.
    I know this is a heated topic but I don't believe I should be made to feel crappy for asking advice, it's not that I can't be bothered but more that I too need sleep. Happy mother happy baby.....
    And I in fact never leave him to cry after ive put him to bed for the night, I always go to him in the night and will not let him cry at night because its dark and quiet and I don't want him to feel frightened, and I always go to him during the day but will let him know I am there but will also let him cry for the small while if need be.

Thank you for your opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I often wonder if the problem with these discussions is in fact the word 'cry' - seems that everyone's idea of 'cry' is different.

If my kids wake up and are grizzly/half asleep whinging then yes I'll leave them to go back off to sleep themselves.

Are you guys seriously saying that if your kids wake up in the night and are sort of sooky/grizzly but it's a half asleep 'cry', you'll get up to them to resettle them?
    jasper yes I'll jump and run (well get up quickly) because he'll ramp up to screaming quickly. (though now he's 3.5 if he cries I call out "come here bubba!" and 9/10 I can avoid actually hauling myself out of bed )

katelyn I'll give 30 seconds because sometimes she grizzles in her sleep so it's annoying to get up and find she was dreaming.

but yeah pretty much I'll get up if they make enough noise to wake me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 06-06-2012 at 21:45.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-06-2012),Lillynix  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I'm out.
    I don't mean to be offensive but it sounds like your approach is not working (bub continues to cry and you are tired). A 6 month old shouldn't be waking that often at night. Have you been to sleep school? Perhaps responding with a feed etc is encouraging bubs to wake up more?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps responding with a feed etc is encouraging bubs to wake up more?
    Pretty normal I'd say for a 6 mth old to be waking for a a feed. Desirable even. They have such small tummies

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-06-2012),BaronessM  (07-06-2012),Lillynix  (07-06-2012),majo  (06-06-2012),misskittyfantastico  (06-06-2012),peanutmonkey  (07-06-2012),RobinSparkles  (06-06-2012),trishalishous  (06-06-2012),WorkingClassMum  (06-06-2012)