+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally I think its okay if you have to. I never used to but I have developed quite severe anxiety because my daughter wakes frequently for the boob all night. I broke down in the doctors office.. just.so.tired.. I had.all these feelings of guilt every time she made a squeak and I couldn't get there in one second.. she was held in a carrier for the first four months of her life.. never put Down.. she co slept and fed all night long. some babies are quite good and can be cuddled and fed to sleep or will co sleep and let you get some sleep and as they get older will gradually sleep longer stretches.. Other babies need some training. There is.no perfect way to parent and as I have learnt, your well being is important too.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think it's ok at all I did it with my first child and feel awful now I have educated myself on it, I taught him to give up, to not bother crying out when he wakes because no one will come. We don't treat our elderly like this so why do we do it to our babies? What kind of society are we creating with this kind of mental torture?

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (07-06-2012),Etienne  (06-06-2012),majo  (06-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (06-06-2012),peanutmonkey  (07-06-2012),trishalishous  (06-06-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I don't think it's ok at all I did it with my first child and feel awful now I have educated myself on it, I taught him to give up, to not bother crying out when he wakes because no one will come. We don't treat our elderly like this so why do we do it to our babies? What kind of society are we creating with this kind of mental torture?
    I'm sure you were just doing the best you could at the time. Do you think he has suffered any bad effects from his early sleep routines? I'm sure he's a very loved little boy...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    I'm sure you were just doing the best you could at the time. Do you think he has suffered any bad effects from his early sleep routines? I'm sure he's a very loved little boy...
    Yes I do, when he needs help he tends to hide instead of seeking it. Of course he is very much loved but there is something there that isn't there with my other 2 children, he holds us at a distance and I have to work with him to get him to reconnect emotionally. I also think it effected our level of bonding I found it hard to connect with him emotionally after going through CC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yes I do, when he needs help he tends to hide instead of seeking it. Of course he is very much loved but there is something there that isn't there with my other 2 children, he holds us at a distance and I have to work with him to get him to reconnect emotionally. I also think it effected our level of bonding I found it hard to connect with him emotionally after going through CC.

I felt so sad when I read your reply Thermo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Here's a link to a Pinky McKay Page

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    To the mums who don't agree on letting the baby cry, do you mean i should be holding my baby till he falls asleep? every time?
    Yes.

Hold, cuddle, feed, sing to, pat, lie next to etc till they are ready to roll over and go to sleep themselves.

some kids like body contact to go to sleep. others like it if you are in the room but not touching them. some like to sleep by themselves. But I dont believe you should leave babies/kids to cry themselves to sleep.

I understand babies/children crying when you are next to them... you are letting them know that its ok to be upset and that you are there to support them.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (06-06-2012),majo  (06-06-2012),smallpotatoes  (06-06-2012),trishalishous  (06-06-2012),wrena  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

To the mums who don't agree on letting the baby cry, do you mean i should be holding my baby till he falls asleep? every time?
    No - not all babies need to be held to go to sleep - rarely some babies do.

Look up the link from Pinky McKay and check out some of her advice.

Eventualy (21yo?) most babies do learn to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so, his cry is between both a wing and a real cry, if i leave him he will ALWAYS fall asleep, i am so conflicted with what I'm getting in response, my 7 year old cried himself to sleep and is fine now, and sleeps well, and has no attachment problems.

that's what I do. and I have a newborn and a toddler so I'm not suggesting it's easy.

I also highly recommend the company of a smart phone

I totally appreciate *why* to controlled cry/control comfort/cry it out etc but I don't truly feel it's "okay".

but I also do believe if you're bonded with your baby and stay present to his cries and if your gut feeling is it's okay then I would trust that it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Personally I think its okay if you have to. I never used to but I have developed quite severe anxiety because my daughter wakes frequently for the boob all night. I broke down in the doctors office.. just.so.tired.. I had.all these feelings of guilt every time she made a squeak and I couldn't get there in one second.. she was held in a carrier for the first four months of her life.. never put Down.. she co slept and fed all night long. some babies are quite good and can be cuddled and fed to sleep or will co sleep and let you get some sleep and as they get older will gradually sleep longer stretches.. Other babies need some training. There is.no perfect way to parent and as I have learnt, your well being is important too.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    I understand this totally