+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    About 2 -3 hours, is that normal?
    At 6 months my dd was like this:

6pm bed
    11.30pm nappy change (not awake)
    6am feed and nappy change then back to sleep
    8am wake up
    11.30am sleep for 10 minutes
    3pm sleep for 10 minutes
    6pm sleep for the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi neekie, replying a bit late here but wanted to say you're doing a great job. In my highly inexpert opinion there is nothing wrong with letting your 6 month old have a grizzle. As the mum you know their cries better than anyone.

Sorry this turned into such a sh1t fight but its something everyone has an opinion on. Don't worry, it was bf/ff/vaginal birth/c-section/smacking/leaving your kid in the car while you get petrol a few weeks ago. BH is a cyclical sort of place lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    At 6 months my dd was like this:

6pm bed
    11.30pm nappy change (not awake)
    6am feed and nappy change then back to sleep
    8am wake up
    11.30am sleep for 10 minutes
    3pm sleep for 10 minutes
    6pm sleep for the night
    Wow that's different lol. All babies are so different.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Wow that's different lol. All babies are so different.

Yep, my nephew is all over the place lol. He sleeps when he sleeps, but for no longer than 1 hour at a time. He sleeps for 1 hour in the morning and again in the afternoon, if at all, then sleeps from 9 or 10 at night until 3 or 4 in the morning, waking ever 20 minutes to an hour in that time.

Both have been happy, settled babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, my nephew is all over the place lol. He sleeps when he sleeps, but for no longer than 1 hour at a time. He sleeps for 1 hour in the morning and again in the afternoon, if at all, then sleeps from 9 or 10 at night until 3 or 4 in the morning, waking ever 20 minutes to an hour in that time.

Both have been happy, settled babies.
    My daughter sounds like your.nephew. I don't cope well at all with it. Sorry to derail op..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    haha OMG really????? You have NO idea and TBH your crazy misinformed advice could cause damage for first times Mums reading this.Its TOTALLY normal for a 6 month old to wake up that much.Get a freaking clue!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like someone's a bit cranky ! (because you didn't get enough sleep last night?)

To clarify. From 6 months a baby is capable of sleeping 10-12 hours. Many do. Some don't. It is
    Not normal for a baby to wake 5+
    Times per night.

I've copied and pasted some links referencing this... So you can get a Freakin clue

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articl...2_months).html

http://www.babysleepsite.com/schedul...baby-schedule/

http://www.huggies.com.au/baby-care/sleep/patterns

http://www.*******.com.au/Baby-Baby-...42+article.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work closely with dozens of families. Sleeping through is the norm for some babies, waking hourly is the norm for others. Babies who wake 5 or more times each night are not abnormal, they simply have different priorities to other babies. I'm sorry to those people who want to label them abnormal or say they are not good babies. They are perfectly normal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I work closely with dozens of families. Sleeping through is the norm for some babies, waking hourly is the norm for others. Babies who wake 5 or more times each night are not abnormal, they simply have different priorities to other babies. I'm sorry to those people who want to label them abnormal or say they are not good babies. They are perfectly normal.
    It's not about saying a
    Baby is abnormal, has failed or is anything less than wonderful.

It's about saying the behavior is not
    Normal. So parents can do
    Some tweaking to their routine and techniques, get some help from
    Others (eg sleep school), get some rest and have a rested bubba.

I repeat: bubs that don't sleep through are just as gorgeous and wonderful as those bubs that do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It's not about saying a
    Baby is abnormal, has failed or is anything less than wonderful.

It's about saying the behavior is not
    Normal. So parents can do
    Some tweaking to their routine and techniques, get some help from
    Others (eg sleep school), get some rest and have a rested bubba.

I repeat: bubs that don't sleep through are just as gorgeous and wonderful as those bubs that do!
    Saying they are not normal is to say they are abnormal. Yes they are wonderful, my nephew is such a happy little man, he doesn't want to waste time sleeping, he wants to explore this wonderous new world. He is excited about life and all it has to offer. My daughter was similar, but decided nothing happens at night (yeah I never did do much lol) so she felt it was better to sleep. My nephew decided that if not much happened he would make something happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Saying they are not normal is to say they are abnormal. Yes they are wonderful, my nephew is such a happy little man, he doesn't want to waste time sleeping, he wants to explore this wonderous new world. He is excited about life and all it has to offer. My daughter was similar, but decided nothing happens at night (yeah I never did do much lol) so she felt it was better to sleep. My nephew decided that if not much happened he would make something happen.
    Behavior not individual... Sounds like all the littleies in your life are little keepers!