+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How early did u find out bub's gender?

I can't wait to find out the gender of my little bum, have my next big scan in 4 weeks time (I'll be 19 weeks then) but it seems aaaaaaages away!!! Toying with the idea of getting a gender scan done, but wasn't sure if they could do it any earlier than that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    16 weeks on a portable scan last time. I'm having a portable scan on my OB's office next Tuesday when I'll be 16+1 so fingers crossed!

ETA I know imaging places that do gender scans from 14 weeks but have heard they are pricey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in the same boat as you but i have decided to wait until my scan at 20 weeks. You can find out at 16 weeks. I figured if we wait till our 20 week scan it will be more accurate.
    Eeeee only two weeks till my scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We found out at 17weeks. It was a gender scan through a non diagnostic place as my morphology was't booked until I was just over 20weeks, I couldn't wait that long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 we *tried* finding out at my 18 week scan but she wasn't co-operating, so they could only give us a 85% chance of being a girl. This was confirmed at scan at 36 weeks.

DD2 we found out as the 18 week scan, no questions about it.

DD3 (current) we found out at 16 weeks at a non diagnostic scan (3d & 4d). He wasn't sure at first so kept going until he was 100% confident that we were having another girl. This was confirmed at my 20 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wecouldnt wait and found out at a 16 week gender scan, no referral, cost was $100 but also included 10 pics and a 10min dvd. Gender was again confirmed at our 20 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being a high risk pregnancy I had lots of scans so far. I had my morph scan at 18 weeks but she wasn't in the right position to take the right pics so we went back at 21 weeks same again she wouldn't let them have a proper pic of her face or heart so then we went back at 24 weeks and found out she was a girl bubba. To this day we don't have 100% good pics but my dr decided that all the blood was flowing where it should be and all her organs were fine etc so we let it go on that one stubborn bubba. I have ultrasounds every 4 weeks to check growth as I have GD next one is in 2 weeks I will be 36+3. I keep asking the tech to check and make sure she's a girl still at everyone lol!!!

All my us are done through the LGH so they cost me nothing. I couldn't justify spending extra money on 3d scan or gender scan as they are so expensive. I'd rather spend the money on nice stuff for bubba of physio for my back!!! I'm sure there is an alien in there trying to get out through my lumbar spine

Thanks
    Reviews
    As hard as it was, we waited till our 20 week scan. I didn't see the point in spending more money when I'd find out eventually. I also wanted to make sure it was accurate and worried that if I went earlier we might have no luck anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This pregnancy we were told it was a boy at my 12 week scan. I have had another 3 scans and all have said boy aswell.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I waited until my morph scan with both, as i will with this bubba. 5 weeks and 4 days to go!!