+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possibly the stupidest question ever... when to get fitted for a maternity bra??

I'd just like some personal opinions and such as to when you should get a maternity bra? Are they the same sizing as normal bras or do they have a different sizing... chart thingy? I'm only 13 weeks with my first baby, so I don't know if my boobs will grow much more (I'm a 12B at the moment...) but my bras are tight and uncomfortable though I think any bigger sizes would still be too big. What are the best maternity bras to get? If there's anything you can tell me it'd be greatly appreciated, wow don't I sound stupid and naive... I promise I'm not this ignorant and clueless with everything else though!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually went to a proper bra place and got fitted. It was the best idea. My boobs got massive at about 20 weeks.

So my advice getting fitted, the bras I or at 20 weeks lasted me all the way through to BF'ing and my boobs did grown a fair bit after I had DD but the bra still fit as the material is a bit stretcher I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe one of those Ahh bras for the moment? I almost tripled in cup size in the last few months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited till my third tri to get fitted, which was lucky coz my boobs kept growing, and growing, and growing!!! I started a C cup and by the time I was breastfeeding I was an E.

In my first and second tris, I made do with cheaper tee shirt type, crop top bras from big w and target - my boobs hurt so much so they were more comfy for me. When I got fitted I went to a proper bra shop and bought more expensive bras, well worth it by that stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have about a million maternity/feeding bras in a variety of sizes, which fit at different times in the pregnancy/ breastfeeding journey. I started out with 2 or 3 bras while pregnant, but didn't get them until I was at least 20 weeks, and my stash has just built and built. It is hard because your breasts change soooo much (at least mine did)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of those aah bras at the moment does sound good I was considering that actually
    Thank you all so much!! I shall wait until 20 weeks and see how I go from there then I'm so excited about everything! haha..

CozWesty is offline is loving life with my little Zilla X
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting! I'd definitely suggest waiting until your 3rd tri or getting the ahh bra style. They are much more supportive and comfortable and you can wear them before and after lol. My size went up 2 cups and a size at birth and then down a cup so i have a range of cheap maternity bras that I don't wear much. Singlets and the sports crop from bras n things with the hook back are my staples now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are fab, for the ahh bra style but at 1/3 the price! I've found them handy right through the pregnancy...

http://shop.target.com.au/3-pack-com...yle-lct55128-3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joye For This Useful Post:

gluteousmaximus  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was a 12B pre-pregnancy. At about 5 weeks my boobs were up to a C cup, and they haven't really changed since (I'm 25 weeks). After a couple of weeks of extremely constricting bras, I went and bought 2 12Cs which have served me well. A couple of weeks ago I got a couple of 12C maternity bras, but am also going to get some larger sizes as I don't want to be rushing out to buy new bras if I need them once bub comes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    How on earth is that a 'stupid question'? I see lots of mums and mums -to -be on here calling their questions 'stupid' - it's a legitimate question- ask away!!!
    Back on topic(!)... I am 17 weeks and still haven't needed to change to maternity bras.... My breasts have hardly grown at all! This is my first baby though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post: