+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narre Warren, Vic
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandi85 View Post
    Thanks Cluky79, the doctor said i have to go in on wednesday night to get the gel then check in Thursday morning. I know it's going to hurt, the pain isn't too much of what worries me. It's the higher risk of c section that scares me because i can't get her out or from distress. I hope i have a birth like yours, it's amazing what hearing other peoples experiences can do for your stress levels when your entering the unknown!

    I discussed with my OB how I didn't want a c-section or the induction to lead into the cascade of intervention, at 3pm he came into check me because earlier I had gone from 1cm dilated at 8:30am to 8 nearly 9cm at 12:30, he said that if DS wasn't out in 10minutes they would need to prepare for a c-section, DS was born 12 minutes later lol DH said it was like I said F off I'm not having that lol, my OB confirmed later it was a way of getting me to do the job lol.

    Talk to your doc about your concerns and be upfront with the midwives too, they re there to support you

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (06-06-2012)

  3. #22
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mandi85 View Post
    Thanks Thermolicious, i just googled the cascade of intervention. I wonder if it's still safe to wait with Gd? I might go back in and have a chat with the doc. I really had my heart set on a drug free water birth and if i get induced that goes out the window, at the same time if it's going to risk her health by waiting i will gladly give up my drug free water birth.
    If your gestational diabetes is being controlled then I don't see a reason to induce you early? Perhaps you should speak to your care provider about the benefits, risks, alternatives and doing nothing then liste nto your instincts. I agree with a previous poster who said at this gestation you'll be heading straight for a CS because your body is just not ripe and your baby isn't ready, forcing it to bloom before your both ready is going to more than likely be a long draw out procedure that could not only have negative health effects on both of you but mental ones as well.

    IF it were me I would probably leave well alone if my GD was being controlled well. I would worry about the cascade of intervention and especially my baby having breathing difficulties at this gestation. If it came down to it and I had to choose between a vaginal birth now and a baby with breathing difficulties or a Cs later and a baby who has very little breathing difficulties (due to method of birth not gestation) I would choose the risk of a later Cs. Knowing that my GD was managed well my risk of growing a too big baby would be low and the possibility of a vaginal birth high.

    Talk to your care provider, if your not happy seek a second opinion, it's your body your baby

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    Busy-Bee  (08-06-2012),mandi85  (06-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (07-06-2012)

  5. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks heaps ladies! I talked to the doc and he said due to the GD and as this is my first they dont want to take the risk of her getting too big and there being further complications as a result. He said we will try our hardest to avoid a c section but he believes i will be able to birth her viginally. As this is my first i think i will follow his advice and i'm only getting induced 4 day earlier then my due date. With GD they wont let me go a week over either so i would probably be getting induce then anyways. Still got my fingers crossed she'll decide to come all on her own before Thursday and then i get my planned birth but i'll just take things as it comes. Thanks for all the reassuring comments and all the important information, i really appreciate it all! I will let you all know how it all pans out.

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked
    455
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Good luck! Now you need to get busy trying to convince her to join you earthside

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (08-06-2012)

  8. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked
    783
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck!
    I had an ultrasound at 38 weeks as I was measuring (fundal height) 6 weeks ahead. They thought I had to much fluid so was sent for a scan.
    I was told bub was 9lbs 1oz and fluid was fine.
    I was induced 2 days before my due date for other complications.
    DD was born 10lbs 2oz (4.6kgs) So for me the scan was pretty spot on.
    A girl at my husbands work just recently gave birth completely natural to a 11lbs 12oz baby.
    She is a very petite lady, she told dh that it was an amazing birth, and he came out after 3 pushes and had a very speedy recovery.
    Goodluck!
    Sending some labour dust, let's hop bub comes soon for you.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (08-06-2012)

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey hun, my ob did a series of ultrasounds on the same machine every 2 weeks from 32 weeks.

    My bubba was measuring big (9lbs 7oz) at 38+2... The decision was made for a few personal reasons to have a CS, and my bundle of love was born at 39weeks at exactly 9lbs 7oz (4270grams).....

    So I'm my case yep the measurements were spot on!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (08-06-2012)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    788
    Thanked
    1,847
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my first bubba was 10lb 4oz (4.666kg)...natural, no drugs. i did end up with a few stitches but nothing major. Labour was 6 hours.

    You can do it...being induced a few days before DD does not = c section.

    Have a look at some things you can do to help before induction, natural remedies etc...things like epi no can help prepare you too. Massaging with oils can help too. Practice breathing and consider using a tens machine for pain relief to hold off drugs relief (if you need it).

    Mainly, relax as much as you can. IF you need intervention you will be in the right place so surrender yourself to the birthing process and mostly, have a wonderful birth day of your little one, it is the start of a wonderful adventure of parenting.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (08-06-2012)

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    544
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandi85 View Post
    Truthfully yeah i am a little worried about having a big baby. I know 4kg is okay but if i were to let her go for another 3 weeks or so i am a little worried how big she will get.
    Plus of course i'm not sure what i'm in for so have stupidly let others comments affect me. i had a lady say to me that having a baby at 4kg is going to be like ripping a chicken carcass in half nice eh! i try hard not to listen to all the negative comments but after a while they wiggle there way in.
    I've had a 3.7kg bub and a 4.3kg bub, and my 4.3kg bub was an easier labour and birth! I don't know why that lady thinks it'd be like ripping a chicken carcass in half, but I had zero tears/grazes (I think the water birth and physiological pushing helped in that aspect).

    Listen to your gut, read up about induction, read up about the cascade of intervention, decide what you're comfortable with and make sure your support person knows. Don't go along with it if you're not comfortable, question it. Read stories about big bubbas being birthed. Not everyone induction is bad, read positive stories about them too.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to albear For This Useful Post:

    mandi85  (08-06-2012)

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Hey, just thought I'd give an update on how everything went down.
    So I went in on the 14th to get induced, Stayed overnight and got hardly any sleep. Next morning I got my waters broke and the drips put in (ouch). I only managed to get a banana down me, 13 hours of labour with only getting to 9cm. Was getting contractions 5 every 10 mins with 1 min break in between so I ended up with a epidural after 7 hours and a lot of throwing up.
    At the 10 hour mark was told I was 7cm and would be able to avoid a c section, then at 13 hours was 9cm and bub and I were starting to show signs of stress. In 15mins it was decided I was to get a c section as she was stressing and positioned wrong. So ended up with c section which is what I was trying to avoid but was told even if I tried to push bubs out it wouldnt have ended well.
    Anyways I have a very healthy and happy 4.116kg baby girl called Savannah and am absolutely in love with her! Still very tender and feeling a bit ikky but getting there.
    Thanks everyone for your advice and info.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to mandi85 For This Useful Post:

    LoveLivesHere  (21-06-2012)

  18. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narre Warren, Vic
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats and welcome to the world Savannah, you tried your hardest Hun, I hope you feel better real soon


 

Similar Threads

  1. ultrasound after 20 weeks?
    By 2ndtimemumma in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 09:52
  2. Ultrasound at 5 weeks 5 days
    By angelanathan in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 15:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!