+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To be honest - being a 1st time mum, induced before 41wks you are looking more a c/s than vb.

does having a big baby scare you? Cos you can always go into labour naturally and if it doesnt work out then elect for a cs.

I refused a late scan for DD for this reason... DD ended up being 4kg and posterior but birthed vaginally with vac assistance (no tears) after being induced at 40+12. the induction did not help... it turned my beautiful anterior placed baby posterior and gave me horrific back pain.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 06-06-2012 at 14:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my last I had an US on the Monday and they said 4.3kg give or take 800g. 800g is a lot for a new baby. He was born on the Friday 4.3kg.
    Personally I would never be induce again after my DD1 and that was a best case scenario inducement.
    Some people believes doctors know best, I believe we know what's best for our own bodies. So listen to what you think you should do.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

mandi85  (06-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Size wise they said my DS was small. Like NICU small (I think they estimated about 5 pound) . He was born 9 pound.
    With DD they were sure she was big. Like BIG 10 or 11 pound at least. She was born at 8 pound.

What is the issue with a big baby anyway? 4kg is only an average baby if you look at the Mothers and Babies report. Hardly big.
    Truthfully yeah i am a little worried about having a big baby. I know 4kg is okay but if i were to let her go for another 3 weeks or so i am a little worried how big she will get.
    Plus of course i'm not sure what i'm in for so have stupidly let others comments affect me. i had a lady say to me that having a baby at 4kg is going to be like ripping a chicken carcass in half nice eh! i try hard not to listen to all the negative comments but after a while they wiggle there way in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    To be honest - being a 1st time mum, induced before 41wks you are looking more a c/s than vb.

does having a big baby scare you? Cos you can always go into labour naturally and if it doesnt work out then elect for a cs.

I refused a late scan for DD for this reason... DD ended up being 4kg and posterior but birthed vaginally with vac assistance (no tears) after being induced at 40+12. the induction did not help... it turned my beautiful anterior placed baby posterior and gave me horrific back pain.
    Wish i refused it also but have just gone with the flow so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ripping chicken comment someone told you is disgusting. Personally I have birthed a 3.95 a 3.89 and a 4.3 baby naturally with no drugs and no stitches. I personally know of women who have birthed small babies and have had major tearing. It is not the size of the baby

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

mandi85  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops pressed send accidentally. Birthing your first baby is a scary time because it is all so new but I just wanted to tell you that you can do it but you do need to listen to what your body wants to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

mandi85  (06-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    The ripping chicken comment someone told you is disgusting. Personally I have birthed a 3.95 a 3.89 and a 4.3 baby naturally with no drugs and no stitches. I personally know of women who have birthed small babies and have had major tearing. It is not the size of the baby
    Totally agree! All 3 of mine were fine vaginal births with no issues all spontaneous with only my waters broken the first 2 times have you had a look at the cascade of intervention?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Yeah i was so not impressed with the comment, i swear some ladies get there rocks off scarying the hell out of first timers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Totally agree! All 3 of mine were fine vaginal births with no issues all spontaneous with only my waters broken the first 2 times have you had a look at the cascade of intervention?
    Thanks Thermolicious, i just googled the cascade of intervention. I wonder if it's still safe to wait with Gd? I might go back in and have a chat with the doc. I really had my heart set on a drug free water birth and if i get induced that goes out the window, at the same time if it's going to risk her health by waiting i will gladly give up my drug free water birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest sister had GD and went into ladour naturally at almost 42 weeks. She managed it with diet. My younger sister has GD but is due in a few weeks so don't know yet but they say ok size wise so far. I had threatened induction for my first with high blood pressure but went naturally while in hospital (lucky me) the labour went for 42 hours (OOOOCH) my second was induced early for blood pressure and came in 8 hours. The induced one I think hurt more because there is no break inbetween contractions to recover. It brought them on with one starting before the last was finished. I was on my back and I think because the waters were broken and me laying on my back he turned prosterior. That hurt a lot but I did manage to get him out and no there was no ripping of chickens anywhere. Labour both ways hurt like hell but just go with it, relax as much as you can and I repeated to myself it will stop when the baby is out.

Mine were sized larger than they were born at but they told me it wasn't an exact science and it could go a kilo either way of their measurement. I was more shocked at how inaccurate they knew it was and they were still scaring people.

Remember you are incharge and they can't force you to be induced. If you don't feel there is a valid reason for it then question it until you are satisfied otherwise this once off event will always play on your mind.

Best of luck and please let us know how everything goes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to natct For This Useful Post:

mandi85  (06-06-2012)