+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When the queen passes - will or charles??

So they say with the queen in such great health she should be around for much longer.

This would then put charles at quite the old age to (not that age matters). But iv spoken with a few people who really hope that when the queen passes that charles will step aside for william!

I hope so to, i dont like or trust charles or camilla and hope that he steps aside and gives it to will!

What does everyone else think?

And also did i hear that kate is expecting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Charles has to, by succession protocol/law, take the throne unless he's deemed incapacitated.

Charkes cannot abdicate unless he is crowned - and if he abdicates the lines of succession can be challenged.

I think he'll take the throne but I don't think he'll hold it long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He won't abdicate. the last abdication was the Queen's uncle, and that was very controversial.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it would be a little unfair of him to abdicate straight away. Staying King will give William and Kate and their children time to grow together before even more responsibility being thrust on them.

Not that I think he intends to, just saying.

Guest Guest
    Charles, its his right and duty and that's just how it is. What's there to trust anyway? The queen doesn't do much imo, its just a legacy now. Wills and Kate should enjoy not having that responsibility till they are much older and their children have grown up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Charles won't abdicate. His whole life has been about duty and his duty is to be King when his mother passes.

I actually think he will be a good King. As Charles, Prince of Wales, I like him. He has done some pretty amazing things and has even been ahead of his time with regards to the environment.

As Charles, husband of Diana, I don't like him much, but then I loved Diana, and at least he reacted well with her passing and funeral etc. He and Camilla are much more suited to each other, but I am glad she won't ever be Queen.

Like a PP said, Charles taking the throne also gives William and Kate the chance to have a bit more freedom and a life before taking on such a huge responsibility.

But Long Live The Queen. I'm rather fond of old Lizzy. She's lived a remarkable life and has done some remarkable things.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (06-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (06-06-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (06-06-2012),NancyBlackett  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Charles, its his right and duty and that's just how it is. What's there to trust anyway? The queen doesn't do much imo, its just a legacy now. Wills and Kate should enjoy not having that responsibility till they are much older and their children have grown up.
    She meets with the PM weekly and he considers her one of his most valuable advisers. That's not necessarily doing nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Californication  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charles. He is next in the line of succession & can't abdicate unless he is crowned. I think he is a great chap! Always sounds very well informed & good mannered in speeches etc. And he has a great dry wit- DF & I cracked up when he cheekily said 'Mummy' in his speech at the concert.
    And Will & Kate get a bit more time to grow into the roles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

jumski  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Well the ladies this morning were saying they reckon the queen has got atleast another 20 yrs in her - making her 106.

Which would make will and kate 49

Thanks
    Reviews
    I and all my family agree that Charles will have to step aside for William to become king. The day Charles divorced Diana is the day he knew he would never become king. And Camilla is also a divorcee who's ex is still alive.
    As king, Charles is also head of the church of England which does not support remarriage after divorce especially if the ex is still alive.
    We think this is why Will was pushed to have such a long courtship with Kate in order to insure the length of marriage etc!