+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Introducing solids- Have you tried your bub on anything and what do they like

I have just started my dd on solids. tried a few weeks back and she wasnt keen the other day I tried farex again and now she gobbles the whole bowl down. Just wondering what would be the next food to try her on, fruit or veg. I'm not in any hurry as she is not 6months yet, but she is little and her weight gain for her age could be better. I am only offering her solids once a day, given you wouldn't normally start till 6months Im not in a hurry to rush process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I give dd2 rafferty's baby food. She likes the spinish, pea and apple and creamed chicken (or whatever it is lol). Raffertys have different flavours to try and ones that suit different ages.
    Ive also made pumpkin soup but made it a bit thicker for her and she enjoys all of that.
    Mash potato dd2 really enjoys eating (I also mash other veg like carrot and broccoli and cauliflower into it).
    DD2 eats bananas cut up though it becomes a bit of a mess because I let her eat them her self and play with it.
    She also eats (well sucks on) food that we eat so she can get used to different flavours and get used to different textures and feel of food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MHN did say to make sure you try veggies first as fruit is MUCH nicer. Lol
    So that's what I'm going to do first and try to give more veggies then fruit for a while.
    But that's just a thought.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty6679 For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started my DD on solids also, and as she is not yet 6 months I am taking it slow (although its so exciting I have to hold myself back sometimes!) I started her on slippery elm (suggested by my homoepath/LC) and then followed with apple for a few days or so then pear then the 2 together and we have now introduced pumpkin and sweet potato. I will be trying avocado next. We did try banana but I don't think it sat well in her stomach as she was spitting up throughout the day. But we will try that again in a couple of weeks to see if she is any better with it. We are now on 2 meals a day with fruit for breakfast and vegies for lunch. A couple more weeks and I might get more adventurous! Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 first meal was garlic prawn pasta. She flogged it off my plate at 6mths old. She's always since then like flavoured/spicy foods.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recommend trying veggies first!

Pumpkin, sweet potato, avocado etc.

DD had fruit & woke up screaming in the middle of the night in tummy pain, poor soul

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree veggies,
    - carrot
    - s/potato
    -pumpkin
    -zucchini

Once you start fruit you can mix fruit with the cereal.

Then start to introduce pasta, rice, meats...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At 6 months try everything! DS had grilled salmon, eggs, most veggies, fruit, goats cheese - also don't be shy adding fresh herbs and spices, I used to steam his veggies with ginger and garlic then add a splash of flax seed or olive oil, let him eat what you do !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just started DD 19.5 weeks on solids, she is not a fan of the rice cereal but I have tried her with apple puree and today just tried her with carrot puree which she prefers over the apple.

I also have been mixing some apple puree into her rice cereal to improve the flavour.

I was told to start with fruit first to avoid constipation. But I was worried about her gettting a taste for sweet over savoury but she seems to prefer the carrot over the apple puree.

I didn't realise how easy it was to make all your own too. So cheap as well