+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think anyone ever truly knows who they are through life as people are constantly growing and changing. If we all knew who we were for certain, and had nothing to work towards, work on or reflect on then life would be pretty much boring because then what do we do? Just sit around and do the same things day in and day out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm in my last year of being in my 20s and it's only now that I feel at peace with who I am. I love my life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just turned 25 and I think my 1/4 life crisis has just somewhat ended!!
    Raising a baby, keeping a home, planning a wedding, I keep thinking,
    What about me?
    I want more...
    I sat down and thought really hard on what I wanted from life...

So I start work in the next 2 weeks, I'll be working in childcare so I'll still get to still see my baby during the day, the money will help the wedding, I've also enrolled in part time online uni so I can better my job prospects.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nazgul For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes I go to the beach and looking out at such a Wonderful view showing ,
    how huge the world is ,
    I Love when the breeze brushes against my face and whispers in my ears ,
    I breathe in and out ,
    I feel at one with the earth,
    I really take Life in I Love my Life
    I Love my Family
    I hope when I'm older there's just laugh lines on my face ,
    I take everyday in.
    It's a Wonderul Life .

Quote:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"
    English singer & songwriter (1940 - 1980)

John Lennon Beautiful
    Boy(darling boy)
    Last edited by Ruby Slippers; 06-06-2012 at 12:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    30 in jan and still have no idea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I have this thought about twice a day eek. mostly I wonder if I will ever be a proper grown up person lol.. some days I look at my life and freak the **** out. I have these two small people completely dependant on me. They need me to be this source of all knowingness.. of calm and responsiveness .. I actually spend so much time thinking about them that whoever I am ceases to exist..I used to have an image of myself when I "grew up" and instead I'm just this whole other messy, crazy person .. I'm sure this does not help at all.. but I can relate..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmmm, nice to know i'm not alone in trying to figure out this thing called life

Love this - Life is what happens to you when your to busy making other plans....so true! Maybe I'm spending to much time on analyzing my life rather than letting it happen.

How do I go about trying to figure out my future, write down some goals or something like that? Maybe I need a bucket list to help kick start things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've periodically been thru this. Most recently only a couple of years ago. In the last 18months I have made huge changes, which at the time of making these plans I was scared, unsure and disbelieving in my ability to even do a third of what I've done.
    My most recent accomplishments - got off my antidepressant, took part in a nursing refresher course, got a nursing job 4 days/week and am now 2months off finishing my grad. year with the nursing organisation I work for

The thing that I found really helped me out of the funk or rut I was in was to work out where in my life was the gap. For me, the gap was nursing. I never thought I'd go back to it and when I started to claw my way back into this industry it was such a huge and seemingly impossible goal. Little steps
    Most if my friends have been thru this too and they usually change jobs, change professions, do some study, book 6 months abroad, buy a different house, etc.

So where is the gap? Are you thinking of doing some study?

ETA: setting some goals is a good start. Make a dream board with inspirational pictures and words, have a brainstorm - write your name in a bubble in the middle of a piece of paper, on the edge of the paper write down all the parts of you, note down the things you like about each of these parts and what you might change, what you want to do/be with each part of you. This might help you to work out what's missing.
    I find keeping pictures of women who inspire me above my dressing table helps to keep me energised as well.
    Last edited by MamaC; 06-06-2012 at 15:30.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes.

I mean, I know what I want in the next year but I have terrible anxiety so keep wondering when it's going to fall to sh!t.

Career wise I've been struggling since I left school to find my niche.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Career wise I've been struggling since I left school to find my niche.
    I'm a bit the same, which is why I'm doing so much study in a range of areas that slightly take my fancy, I may not end up using them, but they still give me a possible path to travel down. It's still a bit daunting. Maybe I should just stay at home and live off DF for the rest of my life? OH and make babies, one every 2 years should keep me occupied enough?