+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Urgent help needed

Hi I need some help plz. I had 1 egg taken on Friday and it was growing as it should. Then I was meant to have ec today, but it had stopped growing. The nurse said that this happens and it maybe a slight hiccup. Has anyone else heard of this, or had it happen to them? I am going mad with worry and feel like this has been a wasted journey.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    unfortunately it happens a fair bit, I had 11 stop last cycle. What did the nurse mean a hiccup? Has it completely stalled or just slowed down? I'm so sorry, how devastating when you only have the one.

You should be scheduled an appt with your fs to discuss this cycle and ask all your questions. After a hard cycle this can be very reassuring. Look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggy1980 View Post
    Hi I need some help plz. I had 1 egg taken on Friday and it was growing as it should. Then I was meant to have ec today, but it had stopped growing. The nurse said that this happens and it maybe a slight hiccup. Has anyone else heard of this, or had it happen to them? I am going mad with worry and feel like this has been a wasted journey.
    Depends on whether it keeps growing or has stopped completely. Stopped completely is not a 'hiccup' from my perspective!

This is my experience: EPU 6 eggs. Next day 6 fertilised (very unusual for all- 70% is more typical). Day 3 (which is the day many people have transfers) ALL 6 were good. Day 5 (Blasty) only (((1))) was available to transfer. 2 stopped growing altogether. 3 were 'too immature' and we were told they were unlikely to continue. 2 days later 1 HAD continued and is now a frosty. So out of 6 only 2 made it, and even the second one looked like it wouldn't. 4 that looked "great" day 3 never progressed beyond day 3.

It seems strange to me that they took only one egg. Did you have lots of follicles but only get one egg? Was it a stimulated cycle? From what I understand my clinic would cancel EPU if there was a likelihood that there were less that 3 eggs. I wonder why they continued with EPU? I would definately be asking them that. Did they realise in advance that some of the follicles may have been too immature to contain eggs?

Hugs (((((HUGS)))))