+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is that magic feeling still there the second time around?

DH and I will be TTC#2 in a few weeks. It's scary and exciting!!

My first pregnancy was just amazing, the magic was definitely there. After the nausea went away at about 14 weeks I just loved it. It was all so incredible and exciting going through it for the first time.

So I'm curious, is it still amazing the second time? Do you still get that anticipation and warm fuzzy feeling? Or has it lost its magic??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Third time around - still amazing as hell and love the first flutters and awesome kicks. Doesn't lose any spark but I do find I want it to end sooner because I know how awesome the ending is! Well the baby part not so much the part where you get it out lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I still felt the magic and so did DH it was enhanced by DS being able to join in, he was to ultra sounds with us just added to it IMO

The only down side I found was other people were not as excited my inlaws ect be we still felt it

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh yes!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't wait for the second time around because the first time wasn't so special for me. Little to no family interest, a friend who was pregnant at the same time (who swore blind we only had our bub to steal her thunder) and a lot of stress meant that I didn't really get the opportunity to enjoy my pregnancy that much at all.
    This time I don't care what ANYone says or thinks, I'm going to enjoy every hip crunching, heartburn inducing second of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup! And same with the third

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Guest Guest
    It was even better for me because I knew what was happening and I enjoyed it more and savoured the moments. It's over so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that's promising!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    To be honest, for me, it wasn't as exciting. Don't get me wrong it still had it's moments of magic but it wasn't the same kind of magic as the first. Perhaps it's just because my pregnancy with DD2 wasn't as smooth? I don't know?