+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default FIFO and TTC

Hey ladies, DH and I are both FIFO workers but on separate site. We have been ttc since April. Just wanting to find out from other ladies out there how long it took you to conceive with a FIFO husband. Always hard trying to time when we are home with cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby does FIFO 4 weeks on 1 week off. It took us 3 months to conceive (unfortunately I miscarriaged).

When we try again I am seriously considering flying to him to make dates work.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kelbel, dp works FIFO on a 9 and 5 roster. We're going through ivf, and I understand how hard it can be to get rosters and cycles to match up! I used to work out the mines, and can remember quite a few pregnancies while I was out there. What rosters do you work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on 9/5 he is on 8/6. Luckily at the moment I have a fairly regular cycle and it matches up with our breaks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dp is FIFO too, but we're doing IVF. He's on a 21/7 roster which can make it hard, but you just have to try and line everything up!

I suppose what you could try doing, is if you have a regular cycle is start taking ovulation predictor tests so you have a pretty good idea every month, then fly to him/him fly to you when you ovulate. It's tough not being together all the time with this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey clementine. Wow 21/7. I don't think I could go that long. That makes it really hard!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner does 28 days on 7 days off. Although we wernt really trying there was no birth control being used. So it was like 2 years since I had my iud removed and I fell pregnant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weve only been apart with fifo nearly 2 years. So conception issues nothing to doo with timing, but are going through ivf again.

First i cant imagine the stress and disappointment and frustration if we were ttc naturally while fifo.
    Secondly going through ivf without him has been interesting. Sometimes a blessing(he misses my crazy moods &emotions) sometimes not..(not being home for epu or bad news).

I am yet to have a fifo ivf buddy for two way support ...... any takers!

Hope this post gets this thread started again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are about to start this in a few months. My husband is 3/1 and the 1 he is home guess who had there period *hands up*.
    I have tracked myself though and it works out come June July august and sept he will be home during ovulation. If my cycles decides to change he will take a few extra days off come June and July.
    I have always got pregnant first go as I know exactly when I ovulate thank god otherwise like others I think we would struggle and I would be quiet the sad sack

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kelly. Good luck on your journey!!! 3/1s are a killer!!