+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 148
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    penrith nsw
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    one women on the FB page even went as far to complain about how dare target charge single mothers a 10% deposit you have know for ages these toy sales are coming and target since last year have required the deposit so save up for it and stop whining then another lady complained about target starting the sale on a week thats not her pension week HOW DARE YOU TARGET MAKE THEIR LIFE HARD LOL

  2. #112
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,575
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked
    1,252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My local target is so quite.

  3. #113
    HugsBunny's Avatar
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,603
    Thanks
    4,531
    Thanked
    1,966
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    My local target is so quite.
    Lol that's cos everyone's sitting at home whinging that they can't use the online service and don't want to brave the 'crowds' lol

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

    bunkx  (21-06-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (21-06-2012)

  5. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,728
    Thanks
    663
    Thanked
    862
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts


    Mumma2ajem! She must have been the same lady at the "VIP sale" last night, she got to the layby counter and I had the joy of being behind her, after sitting and waiting for her to put through her items which came to over 2k she was asked for a $200 deposit and then shiz hit the roof when she announced she thought it was no deposit... why oh why couldn't I have got there just befoe she did lol.

    I went last night on my way home, glad I did because I went past Target this morning and it was packed. There was a crowd last night but nothing like this morning. I went through the catalogue with the intention of spending over 1k, my layby came to just over $300. After seeing the crappy quality of a few of the things I wanted I quickly changed my mind.

  6. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,115
    Thanks
    748
    Thanked
    458
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post


    Mumma2ajem! She must have been the same lady at the "VIP sale" last night, she got to the layby counter and I had the joy of being behind her, after sitting and waiting for her to put through her items which came to over 2k she was asked for a $200 deposit and then shiz hit the roof when she announced she thought it was no deposit... why oh why couldn't I have got there just befoe she did lol.

    I went last night on my way home, glad I did because I went past Target this morning and it was packed. There was a crowd last night but nothing like this morning. I went through the catalogue with the intention of spending over 1k, my layby came to just over $300. After seeing the crappy quality of a few of the things I wanted I quickly changed my mind.
    Have to ask.., what ended up happening with her layby?

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,839
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I went to the VIP sale last night as I really wanted the ipod touch for DD with the dock and accessories and knew they would fly out the door. Oh.my.god the line wound around half the store, and I waited almost an hour for 2 items Mind you I saw approx 80 Touches go on lay-by in that 50 min period and ours is a small target.

    Absolutely crazy and WTH is with the 10%? I thought it was no deposit lay by??? thank goodness it was under $30 but still? I didn't so much care and can understand why they do it, but every other year it's just the $2.50 charge.
    Last edited by delirium; 21-06-2012 at 11:46.

  8. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,728
    Thanks
    663
    Thanked
    862
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    Have to ask.., what ended up happening with her layby?
    She didn't have the full $200 deposit and they said she can sift through the toys and put on what she could afford or they could hold the toys for her until the following day and she could come back and layby. I'm not sure what she did though I only had a few items so I was in and out pretty quick.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went last night glad its over I got the play dough tub, glow in dark doodle draw thing and some tinker bell fairies glad I didn't go overboard this year

  10. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    penrith nsw
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I went to the VIP sale last night as I really wanted the ipod touch for DD with the dock and accessories and knew they would fly out the door. Oh.my.god the line wound around half the store, and I waited almost an hour for 2 items Mind you I saw approx 80 Touches go on lay-by in that 50 min period and ours is a small target.

    Absolutely crazy and WTH is with the 10%? I thought it was no deposit lay by??? thank goodness it was under $30 but still? I didn't so much care and can understand why they do it, but every other year it's just the $2.50 charge.
    the 10% was also in last year and i agree with them doing it as ppl were putting on lay buys worth thousands and never paying anything on them etc so this deters people from doing it.

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,640
    Thanks
    3,134
    Thanked
    3,023
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only want 3 things - the teapot set, duplo brick and an Angry Birds game. We live in the bush so hoping the local target has them. Trying to decide if I should go today or in the morning when DH is home. I doubt we will have crowds, just hope they have the stock!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Target - 30% off maternity clothing, Monday 30/07/2012
    By JR03 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-07-2012, 13:20
  2. Target Toy Sale 2012
    By rayroo in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-06-2012, 09:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Billington Street
For stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!