+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible PND recommendations melb western suburbs

Hi there, after 16 1/2 months since gorgeous DS was born and mostly doing ok, I have started to think my occasional melt downs might actually be PND as I really feel I'm not coping at times and just want to go to sleep for a week and wake up feeling better. Anyway I'm planning on seeing my GP soon, but wondered if anyone could recommend a psychologist, support group or similar in melbournes western suburbs? Cheers, I really appreciate any suggestion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi & welcome!

Im not familiar with the western suburbs but PANDA would be agreat first stop. If u feel able to contact them,they will link you up with some groups or support in your area? Do you have phi, if so, I can make a few additional recommendations.
    If u wanted to chat to someone for coffee with someone who has "been there,done that and is still wearing the tshirt" we can catch up.

Hope ur appointment goes well with the gp. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caroline Springs psychology (referral reqd) are wonderful. Im hoping to get into them soon as I'm going through the same thing.

Shire of Melton have a support group in Caroline Springs also with other mothers participating. I don't have the number on me currently, but pm for further details if you need

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for suggestions, yes I do have phi, but Caroline springs is a bit far I'm more inner west, but thanks anyway. I think I'll give panda a ring too if I'm brave enough/ if I can find the time. Gp is booked for Friday. Thanks again, lovely to hear from strangers who care

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too really recommend that you call PANDA. (www.panda.org.au - Call 1300 726 306) They provide phone counselling and information and referrals to support services. Although they are an Australia-wide service, they are located in Victoria and have a large database with information about perinatal support services in your community. (such as support groups/play groups, PND psychiatric facilities, psychologists and GPs with special interest in perinatal depression, etc) I have had many dealings with them, and they have always been brilliantly helpful and supportive!

Good luck with it, and tell us how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummaq View Post
    Hi there, after 16 1/2 months since gorgeous DS was born and mostly doing ok, I have started to think my occasional melt downs might actually be PND as I really feel I'm not coping at times and just want to go to sleep for a week and wake up feeling better. Anyway I'm planning on seeing my GP soon, but wondered if anyone could recommend a psychologist, support group or similar in melbournes western suburbs? Cheers, I really appreciate any suggestion
    Hi Hun where abouts in inner west are you? I went to an amazing PND 12 week support playgroup at the Carlton family and resource centre. I was referred through my maternal child health nurse if you ever want to chat I too am inner west and would love to have a coffee. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to firsttimeparents For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (07-06-2012)