+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for starting this topic! I have been so worried about this since I found out I am pregnant (due in Feb!) last week. I am woken up from the pain of the cramping every night and they last for an hour or two. They're never worse than bad period pain though. I get the occasional few for a few minutes throughout the day, but it's mostly at night. The cramping is mostly in my lower back iLife I get during my period.) Such a relief to hear others have had the same thing without disaster!

2012Mumma, I've heard that if there's no bleeding or it's not crippling pain than it's normal. I'm also 22 and it's my first pregnancy as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    The two really intense one's did have me worried as i was "almost" doubled over in pain but after a minute it went away and since they had only lasted a minute or so (yesterday at lunch and once this morning) since those two though i havent had any nearly as painful.

Hi Echo . I agree it can be be worrying having cramps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had lots of cramping in the first 8 weeks - When I told the GP he told me that it's normal to have some cramping as things stretch and move but ofcourse, you know your body so always go to the docs if you dont feel right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As the others said doubled over in pain from period like cramps, go to your doctor to get checked. If its bare able then just rest and try not to stress about it.

Easier said than done, I know. With my first pregnancy I had period like cramps for about 2 weeks that got progressively worse and had me doubled over in pain. I also had bleeding which is what they said to me is what to look out for as a sign something is wrong. Unfortunately it was, we ended up losing that baby.

This pregnancy I had similar cramps in early pregnancy but definitely not doubling over intensity. I'm now 19 weeks and have had these cramps periodically the whole time. You do freak out when it's happening but unless there's bleeding or it's extreme pain the doctors and midwives just kept telling me rest and everything is going ok.

So the best thing you can do is take it easy, listen to your body, and above all try not to stress. At the end of the day other than resting there is nothing you can do except wait.

Good luck with everything, I am thinking happy thoughts for you.