+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cramping in early pregnancy

Im only around 4 weeks pregnant.
    I keep having cramps now i know it can be very normal in pregnancy. But ladies what has your cramping felt like?

I have been having dull cramps but which sometimes are quite painful they seem to be decreasing. I spoke to my doctor and she says if it gets worse to see her or the hospital. Im just wondering if anyone else has had something simiilar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's normal to have some sort of cramping sensation in your first trimester.. everything stretches... but if you want peace of mind, go to see the dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had cramping early in my first tri, and I still do at 15 weeks. I had dull aches that hung around a few days at about 4/5 weeks, which is expected with the hormones coursing thru ur body - I think progesterone makes u cramp? Then I have a bad day every so often, and still do - in fact had a bad day yesterday. My cramps get quite uncomfortable - I get cramps in my sides, lower back ache, cramps in my thighs, calves... But I tend to get bad period cramps too so...

When it's bad, I resort to Panadeine and bed!

The way my OB described, when they talk about "bad" cramping in pregnancy (I've brought it up a few times coz I'm a worrier!) he said it usually means doubled over on pain, that gets progressively worse... If it worries you, definitely speak to ur OB or GP

I think it's normal, and u can expect more cramping in ur pregnancy, and various twinges, pulls, pains, aches
    Last edited by jo7; 05-06-2012 at 19:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

Squishy115  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cramped with all 3 of my children, I found it 10000 times worse with my first! Listen to your body, you need rest, you can try a bath with Epsom salts while pregnant you need the extra magnesium. Enjoy your pregnancy, try not to stress!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had pretty bad cramping - it was so bad it would wake me up at night. It's normal but you can't help worrying. Try to relax and take it easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before i found out I was pg I thought I had the worst period pain. So bad in fact that I went through a box of nurofen (such a big no no) and stayed in bed feeling sorry for myself. At the time I would have been 4 weeks pregnabnt and it lasted for a few days.

Hugs lovely. Try and relax and maybe even stay away form the internet! I found myself looking up all kinds of things and scaring myself... (Dr Google is not your friend)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had cramps throughout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had horrible cramps. They were so painful I was convinced something must be wrong. I thought bub might be ectopic. Turns out everything was fine and bub is 22 mo now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had cramping from 4 weeks till now (10 weeks) - like jo7 it is my hips, legs, tummy, pelvic area and it is bad like period pain. My ob said not to worry too much unless it comes with bleeding or gets so bad that I am doubled over.

This is my first pregnancy so I guess there is a lot of stretching to do down there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies you have really helped me.
    I have only two really intense one didnt quite leave me doubled over (yesterday and today). but they soon subside. I have always had bad period pain, so im hoping really hard it is just stretching out.

I have to agree the internet really is my worst enemy right now!