+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The new girls

Hi guys,

My partner and i are in Perth WA looking to start a family sometime soon.

New to the whole forum thing....
    But thought we would join in as there doesnt seem to be much support in WA for homsexuals trying to start a family so we thought we would join..

so yeah thought we should introduce ourselves

x
    Naeda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in WA and 100% supportive!! All the best with it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Naeda, welcome to forum, exciting time isnt it? how far are you with your TTC journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support KCT

hers&hers we were pretty much up to start trying until we heard that the wait can be upwards of about 6 months unless we have a known donor .we were going to use a cryobank in America but the price is a lot so right now we have decided to keep saving and hopefully be able to use an American company next year .i hate that we have to wait but I know that when the time comes it will be worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Naeda, sorry I havent checked this section much. I guess now I can say welcome to the waiting game. DP and I are also waiting to TTC our third beginning of next year. DP wants anon donor I would have loved donor so we going with anon since I will be carrying, the art of compromise.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Welcome :hi: We're in Sydney and starting to TTC in Dec this year. It is so expensive isn't it? Grrr!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my DP and I are in Perth too

We decided to TTC late last year, saw the fertility dr (at fertility north in joondalup) early in January 2012, then saw the counsellor, had bloods etc.
    We also choose a donor from America (ordered 10 viles so each of us can have 3 try's each) we want all of our children to be biologically related and we both want to be birth mums so it was cheaper to buy in bulk. (still very expensive tho!!!!)

The 6 month wait is killer! (and not fair IMO) but it is nearly august 11th which is our cut off date and tomorrow I start the tracking cycle so its all starting to feel real now.

I hope the wait for you goes quick!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Me and my partner are also in Perth and we have a little boy who is five months next week. We conceived doing self insemination on the second try with a known but completely uninvolved donor.

The journey is a rollercoaster but worth every up and down!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy how long the process has to take .he had a set back with money and now are re thinking when we would like to start trying .its hard, especially because a friend of mine just fell pregnant and wasn't trying at all .some times I wish we could just have that worry .