+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Preparing for Breasfeeding.

I am about to be a second time Mum and am really anxious about the pain that was associated with breastfeeding the first time round.

Does anyone have any tips they can share about whether I can prepare my breasts better or just prepare to breasfeed better this time round. I really want to enjoy it this time as first time round it wasn't a good experience for me.

Any help and tips gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing I had some issues with DS cracked and bleeding nips, just wondering the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a HORRIBLE first time breastfeeding experience!!! My second was so much easier! Just the fact you know how to 'tackle' the early daze of being a new parent made it a lot easier second time around. I went to a ABA day course, got the membership and book and had the group help afterwards. I did suffer from 14w worth of nipple thrush but NOTHING like bearing through the nipple crazes and bleeding with the first!!! Education is key, persisting, letting your bub have full access 24/7, staying in bed letting people look after the elder child for you, no bra or clothes restrictions. I carried the ABA book around with me 24/7 I read and read and read it over and over and over again every time I fed!! I fed my 2nd until she was 21m and I was 4m pregnant. I'm currently feeding an 8m old and didn't have a single problem this time around.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first time mum to be and I really really want to breast feed, but I'm hearing/reading so many scary stories.... what can I do to prepare myself as I havnt had the previous experience to learn from...

Thanks...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub