+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy with donor eggs Thailand

Has anyone used surrogacy overseas with/without donor eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. Have a look at www.surrogacyaustralia.org and maybe look at joining their FB page. There are a few people going overseas at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Alice,

You've got to be a little careful with going abroad. Surrogacy legislation differs from state to state. Most surrogacy abroad is on a commercial basis and commercial surrogacy is a criminal offence if you a QLD or NSW resident.

My understanding is that VIC doesn't make overseas commercial surrogacy illegal but there's a ton of hoops you've got to jump over.

There are many repercussions - it's tricky and you should get some legal advice before going through the process.

I write a blog on surrogacy in NSW - you can find it at www.surrogacynsw.com.au.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that info! We aren't in QLD or NSW which would appear to be a bonus in this situation. A friend recently had a child through surrogacy in India and returned here with no fuss, just lots of questions about how she lost all her pregnancy weight so quickly!

We would definitely seek some legal advice beforehand, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently going through surrogacy in India with our own embryos/ my eggs.
    We've found the process to be quite straightforward and have loads of support via the clinic. We're based in Adelaide & have had no issues as yet- we pick up baby in August 2012.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alice 284,

I am currently in a surrogacy arrangement in Thailand using donor eggs. I live in Victoria so I don't have the legal issues to contend with as people in NSW and QLD do.

Did you have some questions you wanted to ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alice

We are currently 7 weeks pg with ED in India, all is going well so far and was/is a very straight forward process.

Wishing you well and feel free to harass me with questions - I know I did the same to others when I first started out and it was invaluable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    removed
    Last edited by scout13; 07-01-2013 at 08:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy with donor eggs Thailand

Hi Scouter

We have been trying to get pg for ten years. After many failed attempts we choose to try surrogacy in India. I did a lot of research and made contact with a couple from Melbourne who gave me some great advice. They had been treated by a dr at Rotunda clinic who they praised highly and she had just set up her own clinic which is much smaller and provides a more personal service.

We went to India twice to try surrogacy with my own eggs and then moved onto donor eggs as my eggs were kaput! The girls at Corion clinic are lovely and Dr Kadam is very nice and professional. The clinic is high grade in relation to the important stuff but doesn't have a lot of the fancy stuff In the waiting areas etc. Which is not a issue however not knowing what to expect in India can be quite confronting. We are very pleased with all our dealings, but it is important to not compare with the treatment we receive here. Paramount is always the medical treatment and this is were all the attention is directed.

We have been to India twice and now we are 9weeks pg after 5 surrogacy attempts with DE. It is very exciting and I have to admit the process was very easy to undertake. All via email - turned me into email checking freak ! I didn't think it would be a lot more complicated however after the first go it was very easy. Not that the first attempt was difficult but not knowing what to expect but us a bit off balance. If only I'd know before hand I wouldn't have worried so much.

Let me know where you are at and I'm only to happy to discuss. I know that this kind of info is invaluable and has made our journey so much easier. Take care

Dannielle
    Last edited by Sarix12; 21-08-2012 at 23:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarix12 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gaia Rose - can I ask you which agency / clinic you are using in Thailand? We are looking at Thailand but cannot find a lot of reviews. Hence the question. Thanks, David
    Last edited by David V; 09-02-2013 at 14:43.