+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chrissie, I think you are just luffly
    Your boys are obviously loved, cherished and happy which means you are doing a great job. Keep your head held high and trust your mum-instincts.
    This storm will pass

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While it is really unfair to criticise another parent (especially when you don't even know them personally!) it is much much worse to criticise a child! Who do these people think they are?

I have had plenty of comments and worried looks over my daughters weight - but at the other end of the spectrum. She's underweight and no matter what I do, I just can't get her to stay on the chart! Everyone has a different struggle.

Chrissy, ignore the Perfect Parent Brigade. They ain't so perfect themselves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Chrissie Swan,
    As soon as I heard about this vomit in the media, my heart went out to you and your gorgeous family immediately. I said to my husband, if I were judged on anything to do with my mothering, I would be gutted. As parents, the last thing we want is for somone to point out any flaws in how we are rasing our children; because for me, mothering my child is something I relish in and protect with fierce pride.
    How dare anybody (let alone a 21 year old childless "soapy star") even dream of putting you down. You are cleary an adoring, loving and nuturing mother. For what it's worth, the negative tabloids do NOT reflect the majority.. you are very much loved by the public and we have your back

Time for these haters to focus their attentions on something else. how dare they make your child the poster child of the childhood obesity epidemic?! You stated that he has NEVER even tasted a fish finger, never eaten a chicken nugget and dislikes cream. And that he happily eats 4 banana's a day! Oh, the ordeals I went through trying to get my boy to eat fruit and vegies! You're lucky! To this day, he still will not eat most vegies, or fruit, no salad. And man, did I try! He's almost 13 and I still have to hide the vegies in his meals and hide the food labels If he reads that something contains tomato or onion, see ya later, mum.

Lay off Chrissie, people! Go bother the real child abusers!

Congrats on your gorgeous family, Chrissie!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 05-06-2012 at 14:36.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissie! I think you are doing a great job as a mum- your boys look so happy and you have taken steps to look after their health. No more than that can be expected of any mother. The cruel vitriol you and your children have copped from armchair warriors and and childless "stars" who have no qualifications at all has been disgusting. I hope your sons never read any of the nasty rubbish that has been said. They should be proud of having such a caring mum. Anyone who says otherwise...stuff em!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissie, I think you seem like a great mum! I love in your column that you are so honest about life and don't think we all have to be perfect to be happy. Your little boys are very lucky to have you as their mum. They look gorgeous and happy, and i'm sure as their mum, you know what's best for them. You can see in those photo's the love you have for your children, that's the most important thing of all.

Don't pay attention to all the haters, a lot them are just trying to feel better about their own lives by putting you down. It's really a sad state of affairs when people will pick on a 3 year old boy.

Hopefully you don't take all of this to heart and realise that there are plenty of women who think you are a great role model.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Chrissy,

You are a beautiful person, inside
    And out. You always appear so genuine and real, a rarity in our media society these days. You carry yourself with so much dignity and class.

You should be very proud of your gorgeous family- when you speak about them your face lights up and we as viewers can practically feel the love you have for them.

You are an inspirational woman, Chrissy. Be proud of who you are, be proud of your family.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissie,
    I dont know you, but I felt that I must send you some words of support.....

It makes me very sad that judgement occurs in this world. What ever happened to empathy? Is it an emotion most of the human beings in this world have lost somewhere along the way? How can you judge someone for anything, let alone their parenting?

Unfortunately, judgemnet is something that happens way too often, and Im sorry that you were a victim of this. Hold your head up high Chrissie, you dont have to explain yourself to anyone.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep one here!

Heard you on the radio Chrissie, 3pm pickup is the only show I listen to. You don't need to defend yourself or your actions. I think you're amazing and your children are just gorgeous!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissie - Im so sorry you have to go through all of this, my heart goes out to you. You are a great mother, love your work on tv and radio, you represent "real Australia" to me. Stay strong and ignore the "perfect parents".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Remember Chrissie all the people saying these horrible things are far from perfect . We all have our secrets and our regrets, your human. So you smoked during your pregnancy , yes it's not the best thing to do but I bet your an awesome mum . Stay strong , this will pass, you know your a wonderful mum and you ARE very well like here in oz. I think your beautiful . Xxx