+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Send your message of support to Chrissie Swan

Chrissie - you're an amazing mum and an inspiring woman. You are truly loved by Australia. The venom that has been sent your way is shameless and gutless. Keep up the awesome work. We love ya! Oh ... and your boys are beautiful!

BTW - I just looked down to see my baby girl dining in at the Floor Cafe ... mmm... second-hand floor breakfast ... perfect mum? Not me ... - BH Editor
    Last edited by BH-editor; 07-06-2012 at 07:44.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),BH-KatiesMum  (05-06-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (05-06-2012),shelle65  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Chrissie - I think you come across as a lovely woman, and obviously a fantastic mother too, especially given the whole reason this photo controversy begun was because you chose to stay home and raise your kids rather than having a dream TV career! Kudos to you for that!

Of course you're far from perfect, but I admire that you could admit that your son may indeed have issues that need addressing. Your choices came from a place of love no doubt, and while you can now understand that perhaps you can really have too much of a good thing (like bananas... lol!), you've learnt and are moving forward.

Parenting IS a learning process. We all eff it up on occasion. You've accepted your slip and are fixing that, and it's so commendable! Too many people have their heads in the sand, and it seems that you don't. Not only that, you took your criticism with grace, rather than firing back like a screaming banshee, and I think that too deserves praise.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 05-06-2012 at 11:07.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great idea BHEd

Chrissy, you are a great mum to 2 beautiful boys and are incredibly inspiring to share with the (often nasty) public the steps that you have taken to ensure that your boys have a happy and healthy life. Keep it up, you are alright by us!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No matter what you do as a parent you'll be judged. Right from the minute you are pregnant, there are know it all busy bodies who force their opinions onto you. Have faith in your love for your family and the knowledge you are doing what you know is best for them.

I think you have handled yourself in an extremely admirable way and your lovely personality has won you many hearts in the public.

Your boys are beautiful happy little humans. Enjoy them

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Chrissie,

Love your work and I think you have a beautiful family. Chin up, ignore the haters!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012),Bubbles10  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I must have missed something... I am
    However a huge Chrissy fan and I hope there hasn't been a negative reaction to her recent piece re her son's love of fruit. I LOVE Chrissy and her column is the first I read in the paper, then I head back to the front page.

Chrissy: I stinkin' love ya!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaDoLittle For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd pop a link to the story on here because I had no idea what it was all about!

http://foolishpost.blogspot.com.au/2...synow.html?m=1

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012),MamaC  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissie - Loved the photos and story in the AWW. Saw the story about your kids being targeted in the paper this morning and was horrified. Your kids look so beautiful and you seem like a great mum. Good on ya!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    Chrissy I'm sorry you've had to endure such negative comments about your parenting. When I saw those pictures my first thoughts were your children are gorgeous and I also have a 3 year old son called Leo! Which coincidentally is off the charts for weight and height. I've taken him to the dr for advice about his weight and he was never concerned, he's naturally a very tall solid boy (like his dad) and actually doesn't eat that much, he's a very fussy toddler with food. So I feel you were unfairly judged and I think babies and toddlers really come in different sizes and their weight is very hard to judge at this age, not to mention balancing their diets and getting that perfect (whose toddler eats perfectly?)

Anyway, I think you're doing a fantastic job.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Chrissie that photo of you and your children makes me smile every time I see it. That smile of yours brings joy to so many people. Thanks for your honesty and for handling such cruel criticism with such dignity in true Chrissie style.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-06-2012)