+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Roughly 4 months when she grabbed fistfuls of mashed potato off my plate and shoved it in her mouth.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first was 5.5months, my second was given a taste by older sibling at 6mo, but then nothing from me until 7.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to start mine soon on rice cereal - when she is 6 months.

6 months is the only recommendation given by Queensland Health so I'm sticking to that.

Like someone else said, I see no point in starting any earlier.

Sure, they watch us eat and look as though they want it... but I personally don't believe that is reason enough to start earlier than 6 months.

My first bub was 6 months also before solids. (rice cereal for her first too)

By the way, there is some great up-to-date info for all things parenting related (including feeding for all ages) on the Raising Children Network website. Very easy to read too and even has baby karaoke which is quite popular in my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I based my choices on the 2003 guidelines, and my baby's development and behaviour

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was giving my baby bits and pieces at 3 mnths and started properly at 4

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    4.5 months. My paed at the 6 week appointment told us to start her at 4 months (which I know don't agree with as a blanket approach - but that's JMO). She seemed ready enough, so I started her on solids but she showed very little interest, so we stopped trying and reintroduced at 5.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 4 months. She always disliked bottles and BFing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started with puree at 4 months because he was very interested in food and could eat well at first try. The mchn told me if he could take food in and not push out with his tongue he was probably ready. At 6 months i wanted to change to BLW but we are still switching back and forth because he is so used to me feeding him.

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We started at 5 months with a few spoonfuls of apple or pear puree a day to see how DS would go. At 5.5 months he started to wake more at night (like 3-4 times) and would not settle without a feed. At that stage I knew that he needed more food and started to increase the amount and variety of solids I offered. His night feeds then settled back down to 1 pn.

I did try at 4 months just to see - he did eat a few spoonfuls but you could tell that he wasn't really interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 mths blw. At 4 mths I tried farex and every now and then would attempt to give her some sort if purée, she always refused. I researched baby led weaning and began it at 6 mths it was so easy and perfect for us!