+ Reply to Thread
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Probiotics to lessen colds and viruses

I've just been doing a bit of research on using probiotics to stave off viruses- DS has got his 3rd bout of croup since April it seems any cold he catches turns into croup.
    The evidence seems to be showing that probiotics can lessen the amount of viruses kids pick up. Who here uses probiotics for their kids, and in what form? And do you think it's made a difference to their health?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I use Inner Health for Kids with my boys, mainly because my younger two have reflux and tummy issues. Am not really sure if they help immunity too much, they both have been sick lately.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD gets croup with every cold. Its a nightmare. We've noticed a massive decrease in the amount of viruses she gets since she's been having a daily yakult. She won't take Inner Health, but Yakult she loves so we stick with that.

Its worth a try. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We all take probiotics here. The girls take the same one as me but I open the capsule and share it between them. They have it mixed in with a spoonful of local honey (helpful to desensitize against allergies). It is a strong one so they just have it every two to three days.

I definitely think it helps - a lot of illness can be traced back to the health of the gut so its definitely a great place to start

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abiishu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a big believer in Probiotics and our whole family take them as well as a multivitamin and fish/cod liver oil. We use the Metagenics brand which you can only get from a practioner.

I feel your pain with the Croup. My DS currently has Croup and this is the 3rd time this year with him being admitted to hospital the last 2 times.

I agree with Abiishu "I definitely think it helps - a lot of illness can be traced back to the health of the gut so its definitely a great place to start " but unfortunately for my little man not sure it is helping with him.

It's definitely worth a try. Good luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1BabyMama For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. I've bought a small bottle of Inner Health for kids so fingers crossed it does something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Inner health is something I have used myself in winters past which I will start using again soon. I've been considering the kids inner health just didn't know anyone that had given it to their kids. I get heaps of benefit myself so I guess tomorrow it's off to the chemist I go lol. Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been giving pro biotics to DS in his bottle since he was 3 months old and luckily he has only ever had a slight cold, whereas all the other kids/babies we are in contact with have had everything from croup, bronchitis and even whooping cough so we think it definitely helps, we also have been using one that you can only get from naturopaths etc as pp also said we also give him fish oil contains vitamin D