+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Candida in infant and sinus congestion

My daughter was admitted to the ed yesterday with really bad congestion, irritability, vomitting and seemed to be choking and in pain at times. She has oral thrush which we have been treating for over a week and a new nappy rash. The pediatrician consulted and said she has quite bad Candida and it is affecting her nose and ears, causing lots of inflammation etc and is also the cause of her nappy rash. We are continueing to treat with the nylsta and nurofen and getting a stronger antifungal tomorrow made up. Just wondering if this is at all common and what I can do to prevent this in the future?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump.. anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    One more bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Never heard about it but it does make me wonder as ds has oral thrush that doesn't want to go away and cold symptoms, congested but no runny nose for 3 weeks now, (he 5 weeks old).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look at treating the cause not just the symptoms. How old is ur bubba? Babies can take probiotics from birth the brand is called bio ceuticals and you get it from selected health food shops or by natropaths. I suggest you see a natural practitioner and they can suggest ways to get rid of it of it's an over growth. You will need to look at your diet too if your breastfeeding. A simple candida albicans diet is easy and full of heaps of nutrients for a good breastmilk supply

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is 11 months and has endless congestion and reoccurring thrush. She is breastfed.. I have no idea why this is happening we eat pretty well but there is always room for improvement.. I am considering doing failsafe for our whole family but I will look at the candida diet also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you doing anything to treat yourself?

I haven't tried it, but was told you can sprinkle the contents of inner health plus on your nipple before breastfeeding (that's for a newborn, so might have an alternative for an older baby).

Also, if you arent already, wash all clothes with antibacterial stuff like canestan rinse or dettol rinse in hot water and get lots of sun drying if possible. Change breast pads after every feed. Rub a couple of drops of bubs medicine on to your nipples to kill the bacteria.

You can also clean out your bubs mouth after each feed with a baby toothbrush.

Hope it clears up soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok so she probably has quiet a few of the things that produce candida over growth then. Look at a diet that will suit your needs but please don't give up. With diets it could be a mixture of things causing it but something else promoting the growth and it's not overnight it can take months to heal. If you can find someone in your area who does vega testing I would suggest seeing them as they can pick up what type of candida it it exactly.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)