+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pre-eclampsia in second pregnacy?

Just wondering if anyone has had pre-eclampsia in their second pregnancy (as well as their first) and if so, was second bubs earlier, later or born around the same time as the first.

DS1 arrived at 35 weeks while I was still undergoing testing for pre-eclampsia, so I never actually got my results (although I'm confident - due to the amount of swelling I had - that I had it).

I am now 32 weeks with #2 and swelling just started in on Friday. I had a check up with doctor today and blood pressure has gone up and trace proteins in my urine.

They've taken some blood and I should get the results on Friday.

I know pre-eclampsia can lead to premmie bubs, but was just wondering in others experience, if #2 was any earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested in this as well. I had my son at 36 + 4 weeks part due to PE, he was 2.6kg and very skinny due to the high BP I'd had for the last 2 months of pregnancy. I had traces of protein for a few weeks before I got readable levels of protein.

I'm almost 34 weeks with #2 and the high BP is back so I'm on meds for it. Baby was measuring ok last week so obviously hasn't been effected by the high BP so far. Only time will tell if I get PE again. Both bubs have the same dad.

What was your BP? Have you been put on high BP meds?
    I find It really strange that you have to wait till the end of the week to get your bt results!! I got them back the same day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember exactly what my BP was. Doc said it wasn't overly high and stand alone she wouldn't be too concerned, but given the sudden spike and my history with DS1, she thought it was worth checking out. My BT results have always taken a few days to get back. Maybe because I'm doing shared care, not private?

Same dad for mine too. My DS1 was 35+2 and 2.9kg - so I'd hate to know what he would have been full term! Ahhh! I'm actually hoping this one is a couple of weeks early