+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Education refund

Not sure if it's called education refund but I'm thinking about getting my son who's 6 a little laptop to to his reading eggs (program that's teaches reading) would I be bale to claim it back??? Hope that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Education tax refund has been replaced no longer any need to keep receipts! In June a payment of $410 will be paid to you as the first payment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleerose View Post
    Education tax refund has been replaced no longer any need to keep receipts! In June a payment of $410 will be paid to you as the first payment!
    But isn't the $410 only if you are eligible? If you aren't eligible then as far as I know you can claim some on tax with receipts but please check with ato or accountant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleerose View Post
    When is it getting paid exactly? End of june? Middle?

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sons 5 and due to start primary school in 6 weeks and I am not sure if I'm eligible for it as he's enrolled in school just won't be starting for 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Education Tax Refund was the one you claimed with the ATO & receipts only it no longer exists now- the new budget repeals it. Now you get $420 a year for primary school kids $84o for high school kids no receipts required and it will be paid in 2 instalments- one in January one in July. I expect it will be fairly similar to the old rules whereby you need to be getting FTB part A to be eligible.

So no you can't claim anything on your tax return if you're not eligible for the new Schoolkids money.

Here's the link to the Government website http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...hoolkids-bonus
    Last edited by MummysYellowCar; 04-06-2012 at 18:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummysYellowCar View Post
    The Education Tax Refund was the one you claimed with the ATO & receipts only it no longer exists now- the new budget repeals it. Now you get $420 a year for primary school kids $84o for high school kids no receipts required and it will be paid in 2 instalments- one in January one in July. I expect it will be fairly similar to the old rules whereby you need to be getting FTB part A to be eligible.

So no you can't claim anything on your tax return if you're not eligible for the new Schoolkids money.
    Sorry yes you are right, I had forgotten that had changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know a rough time period that this well be laid? Start of June, end of June?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_star323 View Post
    Does anyone know a rough time period that this well be laid? Start of June, end of June?
    On the human services site it states payments will be made between 20-29 of June 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I think I read somewhere it was from the 20 th june

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (05-06-2012)