+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard of the stepup program and know that a few other banks also provide their versions of these micro-loans. You may need to call around as the different programs come and go, i think anz's program is no longer available.

I found a personal finance blog which talks about these programs and also provides a few other options for people on Centrelink benefits and need loans.

Hope that helps and good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I work with the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to questions about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites like this. I've only just come across this thread, so I'm a little late with info, but wanted to share some information about applying for an Advance Payment through Centrelink.

If you are currently receiving a Centrelink payment, you may be eligible for an Advance Payment. An Advanced Payment is where you can receive a part of your regular Centrelink payment in advance as a lump sum. For more info about the Advance Payment go here:
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/advance-payment.

If you use Online Services you can check your eligibility for an Advance Payment by selecting 'Advance Payments' from the entry page and selecting the relevant link. The service will advise if you are not eligible and the reason why the payment cannot be made at this time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I've found a blog that has centrelink loan options from nonprofits

Quote Originally Posted by Madamoiselle View Post
    Does anybody know which company approves loans for people receiving centrelink benefits?

Also which company approves finance for people receiving centrelink benefits?
    After searching and calling many companys that always decline my application. I found a blog that has community help groups and government programs that help with loans. www.lowincomeloansaustralia.com.au

There are also other normal companies that provide loans there, but based on my experiences nothing every gets approved.